• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crickets!!

Rammin97

NAXJA Forum User
Hey There Sierra Chapter!!! Pretty quiet around here on the board. Been out of the game for a while dealing with life but finally have some free time to play with the jeeps again so here I is!!

Dragged the 2 door out of the pasture and it fired up first try with a jump. Forgot where I left off so it was off to the rack to see what was needed to get this thing on the trails.
IMG_1191_zpsy3ahsg3d.jpg

image3_zpsovrguuhy.jpg

The front axle is installed but nothing is more than hand tight including the wheels. Driver side LCA mount needs to be cut off and relocated. it was off by at least an inch.
image2_zpsrii34qgb.jpg

Have to finish plumbing brakes on this cheap beast. Used the RuffStuff 14 bolt Perch kit and reused most of the existing brackets etc.

image1_zpsinhf7q4z.jpg

This was the only place I could mount the soft line with out buying more parts. bad idea?

IMG_1199_zpshdizlifh.jpg

Freakin E-Brake Cables!!! Made this bracket so I can mount them higher in the Tunnel to avoid driveshaft contact. Ripped the old cable mounts off and will be relocating them. Needless to say I will have holes to plug.
image4_zpspib4xdg1.jpg

Anyone recognize this Orange? lol :banghead:

terrance ! Rig is Looking good.

I would try to get longer soft lines and go over the leaves, but dont stress about it right away, get the rest of it up and running. , thats hanging pretty low, and could get snagged on big enough rocks.

Those parking brake cables looks way too close to driveshaft. Maybe have 2 sets of springs on each side pulling them toward the frame..
Any runs you are gearing to run this season? Good luck and welcome back!

terrance ! Rig is Looking good.

I would try to get longer soft lines and go over the leaves, but dont stress about it right away, get the rest of it up and running. , thats hanging pretty low, and could get snagged on big enough rocks.

Hey Jon, I will have to rethink that one once I get it road worthy. kinda in a pinch to get this thing out of the shop..

Those parking brake cables looks way too close to driveshaft. Maybe have 2 sets of springs on each side pulling them toward the frame..
Any runs you are gearing to run this season? Good luck and welcome back!

Thanks for the comments. Its just hanging there and will be tucked up into the Tunnel out of harms way. they are way long so they are crossed and I might be able to use the existing springs to keep them out of the way. Loved the Reno Runs but cant do that weekend. It clashes with the kids Basketball.. Freakin Tournaments:wow:. I am hoping to make Sierrafest if all goes well..

Hey Jon, I will have to rethink that one once I get it road worthy. kinda in a pinch to get this thing out of the shop..

yeah thats what I was saying, leave it for now, but fix it eventually.

Back