• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crash test dummy - passed my test! Jeep did not.

any prospective replacement rigs?

I found a few I like but will not know for sure until I know the $ I will get.

Defintely want a newer body style so most of my parts will work.

Start scouring CL.

I got my 97 with 97K miles for $2k.

You just have to be ready to move on 'em.

Glad you're OK. Any mysterious aches and pains?

Goy any pics of the framerail damage?

Start scouring CL.

I got my 97 with 97K miles for $2k.

You just have to be ready to move on 'em.

Glad you're OK. Any mysterious aches and pains?

Goy any pics of the framerail damage?

All ready on it! Found a few, even have some dialogue with a couple.

My back and shoulder hurt like crazy. I am gonna get the doc to check it out.

A couple of folks have some pictures fo the frame-rail. I will try to get some tonight.

All ready on it! Found a few, even have some dialogue with a couple.

My back and shoulder hurt like crazy. I am gonna get the doc to check it out.

A couple of folks have some pictures fo the frame-rail. I will try to get some tonight.

Don't wait too long to get the arm/shoulder checked out.

When Sonia was in college she was t-boned by a drunk driver that knocked her hip out of the socket. The pain didn't manifest for a few months.

I hope they don't have to amputate :D

Sorry to hear your still having pain. I spent about 6 months of going to the chiropractor 2-3 times a week before my back started feeling better. How's George doing?

Sorry to hear your still having pain. I spent about 6 months of going to the chiropractor 2-3 times a week before my back started feeling better. How's George doing?

He said he is fine. I little sore when he laughs. I told him to go get checked out. He says no.

He said he is fine. I little sore when he laughs. I told him to go get checked out. He says no.

damm, he sounds like a tuff mofo. i know i would be at the doctors the day of. His leg looked pretty gnarly fromt he air bag. hope he's ok. You hear anything back from the insurance CO?

You hear anything back from the insurance CO?

The loss assessment guy is coming the the house tomorrow afternoon to do his thing. I should hear back middle of next week.

I am just ready to find me another Jeep and get it built so I can go offroad again!

i'm in for helpin u w/ your re-build ( i need to learn) only if we can run deep creek again w/ no big bangs at the end!!!! JK

i'm in for helpin u w/ your re-build ( i need to learn) only if we can run deep creek again w/ no big bangs at the end!!!! JK

Thanks Terry.

I hope to have everything settled next week and then buy a replacement.

I will post up a different thread when the tear-down begins.

Some frame damage photos Robert was bugging me to post. It's a little hard to see the second bend in the framerail near the shock but look at the clearance between the spring/shock and the frame rail now!

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Mike R

Some frame damage photos Robert was bugging me to post. It's a little hard to see the second bend in the framerail near the shock but look at the clearance between the spring/shock and the frame rail now!

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Mike R

wow... looking above the swaybar mounting bracket in the second pic you can see the kinks in the frame rail.....

Thanks Mike!

It sucks looking at my Jeep just sitting in the driveway.

I hope to hear from the insurance company tomorrow.

hey man i got a question for ya. What are your plans with it after you get another rig?

First, find a replacement rig, then tranplant all of the parts I can and need to. Then I will strip the wrecked eep down and sell parts off of it.

Once I get ready to do that, I will start a new posts with what available for folks to buy. Since I don't know what I might need, I am not offering any parts or taking any "dibs" or requests for parts right now. Once it is stripped down, then what ever is left will go to a junk yard somewhere.

Back