• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crash test dummy - passed my test! Jeep did not.

Accidents suck, glad you're ok. Can I have your fenders? (=

Glad nobody was hurt! Jeeps are replaceable...... Your body parts, not so much.

Dang crazy you finally get to go wheeling and this happens. So was speed involved? I ask because we had some close calls w/ side-by-sides and quads last week on our AAT 2n33, Lots of crazy fast drivers on the trails these days for sure.

Dude...I'm sorry to hear this. Accidents are never fun, big or small.
Unfortunately, its just like Elias said, you'll never get that sound or image out of your head.
Dont let it get the best of you and Definitely dont let it keep you out of the seat of that Jeep!
Hope everything turns out well, you and your family are in my prayers.

Damn, I am glad you are okay. Jeeps are replace/repairable and people are not. Good luck and let me know if you need anything. Take care.

Thanks guys.

Andy - No Bronco.... but they are cool, especially the old ones.

CrazyJim - PM me more info - mileage, contact, link to more pics

JJ - Speed. Yes and no. Both of us were going between 20 and 25. Blind curve, very narrow. I had been driving a litter faster and decided to slow down before we hit the curves. We both slid and try to avoid, but no dice.

Johnie Walker - if insurance totals the Jeep I will start a parts thread, but can't do anything until insurance acts.

I believe it will eb totalled out. The frame is jacked up pretty good. I will try to get some more pictures up in the next day or so.

Thanks again for all of the support!

hey i got my whole garage full o old parts too. and i got a set of hands that can get into anything when it comes to jeeps. just hit me up ill bring some brews and we can start cracking open your new rig!

How is this coming along robert ? Have you talked to your ins company yet ?

Hope it all comes out good.

The Jeep is at a body shop for the official estimate. I talked to the guy today and he said they will be providing the info to the ins co tomorrow. He said it is totaled but it has to be determined by the ins co.

I have 2 great folks with AAA working my case. The main one says it's a 50/50 fault; meaning my ins will pay 50% of his repair and his will pay 50% of mine. Now that means his insurance co will have to agree and accept. I have not talked to his ins co yet. I left 2 messages for the lady today. I am concerned at what he may have told his company.

The other lady at AAA is the one that is working on repairing/replacing my Jeep. She should hear ffrom the body shop tomorrow. Once she does, I am having the Jeep brought back to my house right away. Then we see what they have to say. She believes it will be totaled as well. Then we have to do the whole numbers game and then I will buy back my Jeep. I do not plan on trying to fix it or turn it into a buggy, though I would like that. I will be stripping it down ASAP and then I will start a parts thread.

**Please do not start asking for parts yet. ***

I hope to know more tomorrow afternoon and get this moving. I have already found a few potential replacements.

did u talk to the insurance co about having to report it to the dmv? do they do that?

That is one of my questions for tomorrow.

If the other guy's insurance company is going to compensate you, ask them about the "loss of use". This is not something they will bring up and something alot of people don't know about. If they are found at fault at all, they are required to reimburse you for having to rent a car, get a new car, etc. When mine was totaled last year, the other insurance company gave me a check for like $2000 for the jeep. When I brought up the "loss of use", they sent me an additional check for $600.
Does not hurt to ask.

Well, the Jeep is officially totaled! I just go toff of the phone with my insurance company.

The Jeep will be towed back to my house today. They will begin their process tomorrow of determining value and making settlement.

I will not know for a few days on how much they will give me. I will definitely be having wrenching part as soon as we make a deal. I will not know what parts will be up for sale until I find a replacement rig.

Back