• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crap in my raditor....

yeah thats what i said, and of course its mixed correctly i know better than that. premixed form the zone thats what isin there right now and is getting flushed out with the rest of the crap tomorrow

95meangreen said:
lol i just got hardcore flamed by my buddy lol but for everyones info i pulled the lower radiator hose out and let all the fluid out and pour in a whole thing opf antifreeze and topped it off.

The valve I showed you last time I saw you, I got at either Home Depot or Lowes (don't remember which one). It is made by Watts (part # A-492) and the size is 5/8 x 3/4. The 5/8 end screws onto a garden hose and the 3/4 is a nipple that will go into the heater hose.

You cannot do a complete flush by pulling the lower radiator hose. That level is higher than the lowest part of the water jacket in the block and that fluid will remain. If you use my method you can completely flush all the contaminated fluid from the block. This is also the reason I took the thermostat out was to completely flush with no obstructions.

To flush the system, get about 6 feet of 3/4 inch heater hose. It is probably time to remove the heater control valve, because it is about 4 or 5 years old and probably very fragile by now. Take all the heater hoses off. The water pump does not have the stock water outlet tube on it, it is only a nipple on the water pump and I believe you have to remove the idler pulley to get to it. Throw the old hoses and the heater control valve away. Cut the hose off the heater core and don't just pull on them. Place the new hose onto the water pump nipple to the lower nipple from the heater core and the other piece of the new hose to either the thermostat or the heater core and then use the valve and flush for several minutes (put a piece of old hose where the water comes out and route water away from alternator, starter, electrical connectors, etc). Then flush the other way. Continue the flushing process until the water is clean. Then remove the overflow bottle and clean it. The easiest way to clean the bottle is with very small pebbles. If you fill the bottle about 1/3 full of small rocks and shake it, most of the residue will be cleaned off.....then rinse bottle very well. Then remove the lower rad hose and get as much of the tap water out of the system as possible....then refill with 50/50 mix (you will need 2 gallons).

If you continue to see stuff in the radiator you should take the radiator to a shop and have it rotted out. Then repeat the whole flush process.

Finally replace the thermostat.....a new belt would probably not be a bad idea since you will have it off during the flush anyway.

Anyone else, feel free to jump in if I forgot anything.

Last edited:
Back