• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cranks & Cranks Unless Gas Pedal Is Depressed.

Sounds to me like the problem is the battery connections, maybe the only problem.

My negative battery terminal was loose again. Going to swap it today with a better one.

A local forum member is giving me an IAC for free that is known to work so i'll swap that in this weekend. Will report back on whether or not the issue was fixed.

Thanks for all the help.

Well I think the naxja gods were correct. Got another IAC today but before I got it in my battery gauge pegged down to 9 and my check gauges light came on.

Got out my multimeter and started taking readings. If you put it across the battery terminals it reads like 13 volts. However if you put the positive on the alternator stud and the negative on the battery post it reads like 27 volts.

Ideas? Voltage regulator? Pictures related.

null_zpsf1d53dd6.jpg

null_zps26086354.jpg

.....battery gauge pegged down to 9 and my check gauges light came on.

Got out my multimeter and started taking readings. If you put it across the battery terminals it reads like 13 volts. However if you put the positive on the alternator stud and the negative on the battery post it reads like 27 volts.

Dirty or loose wire connections, poor grounds, or internally corroded wires.

Did you Load Test the battery and alternator ?

Dirty or loose wire connections, poor grounds, or internally corroded wires.

Did you Load Test the battery and alternator ?

Pulled the alternator out and had it tested. It failed. Entire casing was cracked and everything. The wire that went from the alternator stud to the PDC box looked burnt. The wire ends were literally melted.

Replaced that wire with 0AWG marine grade wire. Fires up and drives perfect now. We'll see what happens!

Thanks everyone for this entire thread!

Back