• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coyote Lake (Western Sierras) Labor Day weekend

Oatmeal

NAXJA Forum User
We're doing our annual trip to Coyote Lake over the Labor Day weekend. Leaving the L.A. area on Friday 8/29 and coming back on Sunday 8/31 to avoid the holiday traffic. Anyway, if anyone is interested let me know and we'll figure out a meeting place and time and oh, we'll all be in Toyotas so, if that isn't a problem come along.......my Toyota gets along well with XJs :D .......my XJ is nowhere near ready for this trail......maybe next year.---------Hans

Well, you guys missed a pretty good trip (it's not the whole Toyota thing, is it :dunno: ) Anyway, we didn't make it into Coyote and ended up camping at Red instead.....my brother blew a front axle CV in his Tacoma and we forgot to pack the spares...doh! Solid axle swap coming soon.....he's had it! We did get in plenty of good wheeling though....the trail's considerably rougher (better :D) than last year and I managed to get my Toyota almost completely verticle on the way out (I was towing a trailer) getting by some of the incoming traffic...man, I've never seen it so crowded up there! The best thing about the whole trip was, there wasn't a single mosquito in sight! The worst......waking up with a massive Tequila hangover on the morning we had to pack up and head out.......I'm never doing that again! Anyway, I hope you all had a great holiday!--------Hans

Last edited:
Back