• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Couple of question..

As far as reading here and pirate, gear deflection comes from the tubes and diff flexing. Now on pirate there is a kit to stop it but its super pricey and I do believe for 44 and 60 axles. One solution is to stiffen the axle tubes to the diff so a inner sleeve that goes all the way to the inner seal should stiffen the axle to avoid flexing.

..The tubes aren't only part of the problem, but the main reason for gear deflection is the wet noodle of a carrier(stock spicer).
So to build the ultimate HP30 I would go with JK30 diff parts(next gen) in there with a full case locker, Jana load carrying bolt, RCV's, truss&sleeved and inner C guessets ect.

Last edited:
The only issue I had with my Dana 30 was a failure of the lunchbox locker and stock carrier...bouncing...uphill...in second gear.

I couldn't believe it the first time, so I had to do it a second time.

The housing will be fine.

To be stupid, get a full case locker.

..The tubes aren't only part of the problem, but the main reason for gear deflection is the wet noodle of a carrier(stock spicer).
So to build the ultimate HP30 I would go with JK30 diff parts(next gen) in there with a full case locker, Jana load carrying bolt, RCV's, truss&sleeved and inner C guessets ect.

Jk30 gears will not fit in an hp30

Back