• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CORR Racing in Chula Vista

juryrigjalopy

NAXJA Forum User
Any one going to the Corr racing in Chula Vista this coming weekend? Me, my dad - 4XSANTA, and several other people are heading down there Friday night and camping at Campland, Mission Bay, in our motorhome. Saturday is the first day of races. we are heading to the Doheny Days Blues Festival on Sunday. Should be good times. We went last year, the first annual, and it was a blast. General admission is $20.00 and is well worth it, the track is long and fast. Dezert cars will be racing on the same track as well as an additional loop in the back of the CORR track. We wont be bringing the XJ but we might tow one of the YJs out there behing the motorhome.

http://www.corracing.com/

That looks pretty awesome. Must have been hot out there!

it actually wasnt all that hot at all. The sun was at our back most of the time, and the grandstands blocked most of it...at least for the $20.00 seats. It was alot cooler than the high dezert round up last year.

Those trucks get thrashed on pretty good.

Makes you want to think about Jeep Speed :D

Myself and three others were there on Saturday. Weather was great! When they were racing, it was good, especially the Pro-Mini's, 2's and 4's. The buggies were a little lame, especially the 1600 class. Way to big of a track for the HP they had.

The one thing that all of us really hated was the 2 lap yellow flag to bunch them all up again. That sucked big time!!! This is racing, not a 5 lap dash. Let them run and get caught in traffic. My biggest complaint.

xj_mike said:
Myself and three others were there on Saturday. Weather was great! When they were racing, it was good, especially the Pro-Mini's, 2's and 4's. The buggies were a little lame, especially the 1600 class. Way to big of a track for the HP they had.

The one thing that all of us really hated was the 2 lap yellow flag to bunch them all up again. That sucked big time!!! This is racing, not a 5 lap dash. Let them run and get caught in traffic. My biggest complaint.

**At first the 2 lap yellow seemed to suck but you have to take a few things into account.

-They generally do not throw yellow throughout the race for broken cars, so the yellow lets them clear the track and regroup the cars.
-It also lets some of the people catch up when they get caught up if they were stuck behind the inevitable pile up. For the low budget pro-4 truck it is a minimum $5000.00 per race (I talked to the owner of the Christopherson pro-4 team) so being able to score a podium finish after having a crappy start makes that 5K go further and make it worthwhile.

And as for the 1-2 1600s, they are probably the most competitive class out there (boring or not). They are generally dezert cars and are designed for high speed running through the dezert, you should have seen the dezert cars run the same course last year, they were all slow when compared to CORR race cars. Trophy Trucks, class 1, etc. have nothing on even the slowest pro-2 truck.

Back