• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Convoy to Goatfest

i think after 7 would be best for the least amount of traffic. thats just me. Hit me up and we can all meet up somewhere.

Actually push it to 8pm to avoid traffic, that's what I usually do.

I didn't get jack done this weekend (Getting gear together, finding spares, and fixing a small fuel leak) so there is a chance I won't be able to leave directly from the office. If not I'll be trying my damndest to leave Torrance by around 8:00 or so. I've got a radio and cruise no higher than 70mph on the highway.

Actually push it to 8pm to avoid traffic, that's what I usually do.

I didn't get jack done this weekend (Getting gear together, finding spares, and fixing a small fuel leak) so there is a chance I won't be able to leave directly from the office. If not I'll be trying my damndest to leave Torrance by around 8:00 or so. I've got a radio and cruise no higher than 70mph on the highway.

Well you did get that tranny out of my garage :gee:

It is cover still with the kitty liter, I will probably sweep it up tonight and reapply some fresh

Ok then 8pm sounds good to me and dont worry. i dont drive faster than 65-70 in the heep. it kills my gas. i barely get 14MPG. FML!

shold we start a southbay/los angeles area convoy thread? just to get a head count and a meet spot?

Oh we could just keep it here, not much more discussion left until go-tim anyway ;)

Here is the route I take to get to JV for all the stragglers and what-not. I'll update on Friday with my ETAs for each checkpoint.

110N
91E
605N
60E
15N
Bear Valley Cutoff

ANd yeah, the route is a bit of a zig-zag but I've always had better luck with that route than others. I-10 just blows in Pomona!

Oh we could just keep it here, not much more discussion left until go-tim anyway ;)

Here is the route I take to get to JV for all the stragglers and what-not. I'll update on Friday with my ETAs for each checkpoint.

110N
91E
605N
60E
15N
Bear Valley Cutoff

ANd yeah, the route is a bit of a zig-zag but I've always had better luck with that route than others. I-10 just blows in Pomona!

i usually make it to the 210 if im headed to the 15. but getting to it from Los angeles sucks. only other way would be to the 105e-605n-210e-15north but the 105 sucks ass too... maybe not on friday though... hmmm....i have to pick up my GF from compton though so maybe ill go out to the 91 and then hit the 605. then again, it might be easier for her to drive to my place and head out from there.. yeah.. thats what ill do. we could all meet off the 210 near the Miller brewery. its the 1st exit from when you get on fromt he 605 to the 210 fwy.

i usually make it to the 210 if im headed to the 15. but getting to it from Los angeles sucks. only other way would be to the 105e-605n-210e-15north but the 105 sucks ass too... maybe not on friday though... hmmm....i have to pick up my GF from compton though so maybe ill go out to the 91 and then hit the 605. then again, it might be easier for her to drive to my place and head out from there.. yeah.. thats what ill do. we could all meet off the 210 near the Miller brewery. its the 1st exit from when you get on fromt he 605 to the 210 fwy.

If you want to go Sequoa's route we could meet up at my place. Downey and the 91

hats a possibility. So i take it we get to set up camo in the dark when we get to the lake bed? :p

If by "set up camp" you mean throw all the crap out of your Jeep and go pass out then yes. :D

If by "set up camp" you mean throw all the crap out of your Jeep and go pass out then yes. :D

yeah, thats what i meant... h mmm... maybe my tent should be the jeep.. haha! im sure the GF wouldnt mind sleeping in the jeep. Come to think of it... shes got no choice... muuhahahaha!

My wife and I are coming back from Death Valley sat. and we might try to stop by IF we can get a bit more info. as to where everybody will be (sorry, I'm a noob for group runs, weekend job hours).
Is there a better way in, besides Bear Valley Cut-Off, coming from the north?

Thanks,
Mike

i am leaving corona area around 11am friday so if anyone wants to meet up off ontario street in corona. especially people on their way up the 15 from san diego let me know

still have to mount my sliders before i head out and friday morning is about the only time i have to do that sooooooo..... we can meet here and head out around 11ish if you want. leaving LA or Anaheim around 9ish should get you around my house around 10:30 or so.

well Jim if I didnt have so many jeeps coming in this weekend I would head out with ya. Lord knows its going to be 'Plain' out there... Hope you dont go pissin on any anyone... Sure would like to check out the people out there and have some fun with em...

My wife and I are coming back from Death Valley sat. and we might try to stop by IF we can get a bit more info. as to where everybody will be (sorry, I'm a noob for group runs, weekend job hours).
Is there a better way in, besides Bear Valley Cut-Off, coming from the north?

Thanks,
Mike

Hope this helps Mike,

http://www.atvarea.com/blm-map.htm

What time on Saturday will you be there? I am going to just go in the morning to hang out (my rig isnt ready for any wheeling) and then I got to go to be home by early afternoon at latest.

Brian

Back