• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Convertible XJ project

any updates to either of these projects?

money fell through for now, at least for me.

Just goes to show that damn near anything is possible with these rigs. Love this damn website! You did a bang up job Flexy! Makes my little half doors look like an afternoon project! LOL! Keep up the great work.

Rev Den said:
Looks good.

How about a diagonal support in that cage?

Rev

I am assuming he just built the cage to support the roof when it goes back on, and to keep it from folding over on itself.

And not so much to support itself in a roll over..

Sorry I cant get any pictures, but there was a guy here in fresno that chopped the top on his 91 XJ 2 door and put a roll cage in it and then had a soft top made for it, he just sold it this last week for only 1400 or somethin, it was red, had a 3" lift and 32" muds, it was pretty neat lookin

No, thats not what I meant-- I meant that he isn't planning on rolling a rig that he worked so hard to make pretty. It looks about as safe to wheel as a stock Cherokee.

Its like asking why you don't have triangulation in the roll bar on a mustang.. I don't feel like he will be using this rig where there is going to be an increased chance or rollover. Not like people who have a full cage.

In the event of a flop into its side, or even a slow roll onto its roof.. I am sure it will keep him alive.

Nope, no updates, project fell through, kinda. I'm got a Comanche I will have as a wheeler from now on. Check out Flexy's thread for info on how to actually finish a convertible XJ project. :wave:

Back