• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Computer programmers?

Trey98XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Is any of the chip/programmers worth it do they seen to give the motor any power gains i have seen the Hypertech programmer, Jet chip, and also have seen a new Superchip is any of those worth getting?

I have the hypertech max energy on my 99 and it really complements my mods - banks header, 60mm bored tb, intake, full 2.5 exhaust with flow and magna hi flow cat, and more... really as a stand alone it does not do much - i really felt a little more top end and all the shift point stuff felt firmer... the max energy model is much better in my opinion that any other programmer out there... this version superceeds the older programmer and is the best programmer out there - better than jet or edge.

cool features of max energy: obd reader, multiple modes for fuel

bad: price, xj model does not support all feutures

yeah i have a new cat and flowmaster 40 i cant find a good high flow cat got any suggestions? i also have the rustys intake and a TBS im lookin at a bored out throttle body. and headers would be great as well.

Not worth it on the 4.0L programming. I had a Hypertech and it did nothing but make my engine ping. And that was with minimal engine mods. The only thing I think I had at the time was a Rusty's intake.

I'm jealous of you non-Californians who have a choice when it comes to cats. I have to run a CA approved one and this yr they pretty much outlawed anything except for stock. It must be designed specifically for your vehicle, no universal cats anymore. Which means expensive. I got a free truck but needed a cat. Instead fo the expected $60-80 universal, I had to spend $190.

I'm jealous of you non-Californians who have a choice when it comes to cats. I have to run a CA approved one and this yr they pretty much outlawed anything except for stock. It must be designed specifically for your vehicle, no universal cats anymore. Which means expensive. I got a free truck but needed a cat. Instead fo the expected $60-80 universal, I had to spend $190.

Welcome to Commiefornia.

dang that stinks

i have a carsound cat ut it looks like there is a new one on the market - a magnaflow spin tech? looks more like the random technolgies cat... anyways i love my sound and the cat is very low on the restriction - good sound with a 2.5 all the way back

i got pinging with the older hypertech model ut the max energy unit feels much much better - no ping or misfires

Wich programmer you guys think is better,
hypertech programmer III vs. hypertech programmer max energy E-con

i got the hypertech programmer III on my 2000 xj, --62mm tb, pacesetter headers, flowmaster 40 series

it works great, i love that 4500+ but if that max energy is better, i rather change what i got

my rig is built for the sand dunes

mine is an aw4

Then how is the 4500+ redline changed by the programmer doing anything for you? The transmission computer isn't reprogrammed and will still shift at stock points.

Back