• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Computer help....

where do I go to download all the drivers I will need after the reformat? also, if I use a new os system, will I be able to use that same disk on another computer I want to build without microsoft saying its not a valid version? Thanks

Mike

XbajajeepX said:
where do I go to download all the drivers I will need after the reformat? also, if I use a new os system, will I be able to use that same disk on another computer I want to build without microsoft saying its not a valid version? Thanks

Mike

Depends on the version you buy, if you buy the full retail version you can move that from machine to machine for as long as you like. If you buy an OEM version thats supposedly a one shot deal. Your Emachine should have come with a recovery disc, if you do the full recovery with it it will fdisk the hard drive, reformat it and reinstall it. If you need an Emachine cd let me know, I have a few customers that have them and it is easy enough to just dupe it. At least if you have XP....

XbajajeepX said:
I have given up.....If I were to go out and buy a new OS system and reformat the hard drive would that get rid of all the viruses and spyware? also, someone told me that you cant reformat E machines...I dont know ifthats true or not. Do any of you know?
that's not true.

You should have restore discs, unless it's a very new Emachine, in which case there's a restore partition on the HDD.

You likely have to press a key during startup to get to the restore utility, try F10. Or call emachines to find out.

Back