• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Complete Cooling System Refresh - Need opinions

OEM is the most reliable, and fits like oem

how old is your CSF? I've pulled a few that are within the last couple years out of jeeps to correct overheating issues (some wranglers, some XJs) and they are horribly built. the older ones may be better, they used to have a great name recently though their quality has taken a dive.

In my current jeep? 6 months.

In my last one? Installed in 2006, ran hard for years till I sold the jeep in 2011. Never had an issue.

Haha well I still don't know what to buy, about half of you say CSF and the other say OEM and then there is the whole 2 vs 3 row thing. It's making me want to lean towards OEM because I know that works. I just want the best cooling system possible so I don't have to worry about it when I'm out on the trail or a long drive especially because I have an '01 and the 0331 head!

I just ordered a CSF 3 Row all metal radiator today from 1-800-Radiator. A little over $200 and delivered in a few hours. Looks awesome! Very nice design. Also got my Flowkooler in. Now I just need an OEM lower Radiator hose, Fan Clutch, and all heater hoses and thermostat housing and I should be ready to roll for the summer.

for what's worth i've been running a CSF 3 core for about a year now and it's treated me well. Not a real long term test, but it works good.

doesn't overcool even with the electric fan hotwired on. I put in a new 195 degree thermostat and a delphi water pump and all new hoses at the same time.

Haha well I still don't know what to buy, about half of you say CSF and the other say OEM and then there is the whole 2 vs 3 row thing. It's making me want to lean towards OEM because I know that works. I just want the best cooling system possible so I don't have to worry about it when I'm out on the trail or a long drive especially because I have an '01 and the 0331 head!

You really can't go wrong in a CSF (2 or 3 row). Also, from what I've read, the CSF's drop right in whereas the AE and Champion you have to do some slight mods to make them fit - particularly cut and flare a tube to mate with the radiator and rub some sheet metal with a BFH for it to sit well. Nothing major but a little extra work.

I run all stock in my jeep. It does get warm out here(up to 115) in Palm Springs CA.Yes i do run with my AC on while i offroad in the canyons out here where there is no air movement some times.My jeep will hit 195 and i get nervous about it. I have no trouble with my stock setup.I also have it serviced by my radiator shop every 5 years.:D

HTH

What brand water pump do you guys recommend? There are SO many brands that say they are "OEM"

I'm thinking right now I'm gonna do CSF 2 or 3 row and all new components throughout.

Back