• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Commander sighting

Gil BullyKatz said:
Parked a new Hemi Charger in my driveway...

Sweet!!!

Just too bad it doesn't look more like a 60's/early 70's Charger...

Funny, DCX is wussing out Jeep while the Dodge line is getting a serious testosterone infusion.

The 2006 Charger is styled after the 1966 model; I have seen photos of them compared and the body lines are remarkably similar. I would like to see this in a two door version - not sure why there isn't one. I know that Mopar is planning on using this platform to go after Ford's dominance in the police patrol sedan market. I hope that it works - competition is good.

:smsoap::lecture:

A stinking pile is still a stinking pile no matter how mant they sell, just as any of the previous Liberty owners that have to be out there (based on seeing almost as many used libertys as grands on the lots lately)

Great thinking, lets toss the best classic body we ever had, then junk the best motor anyone ever had, then we'll kinda half assed bring the body back with a ton of excess crap, and keep the pos we built to replace the 4.0

and yet, like the reason home, fuel, and clothing prices keep going up, the idiots out there keep digging in their pockets and paying stupid prices.

the comander is bad enough, but just wait untill the compass comes out, the liberty is more masculin then that

I liked the wheels and rearend but I was less than impressed with the one I saw at the dealership, it had some seriously low front ground clearance.

I though cool it looks like my Cherokee with the 3 windows. Then I looked across the street (GM dealership) and the H2 looked so similar from a distance THEYRE TWINS. The windows were the same sizes and shapes, as is every other body part, come on, aren't theyre copyrights. Diddn't D-C moan about the Hyundai suv that looks vaguely like a ZJ. The Compass ain't so bad though, does anyone remember anyone who had an Eagle Wagon, friend in H/S did, tough @s$ car. The Compass reminds me of that.

uvaldetxj said:
I really hope everyone here is as loyal to Jeep as I am.
Why should I be loyal to Jeep? Jeep hasn't shown any loyalty to me. They don't build a vehicle that suits my needs. The vehicles that replace the vehicle that suits my needs aren't available with a standard transmission. Yet Jeep doesn't offer a truly fuel-efficient small SUV (The Libertine gets worse mileage than my '88 XJ). Why should I buy a new Jeep?

Fortunately for me, it's an academic question, because considering my advanced age I have enough XJs to keep going much longer than I'll be capable of driving safely. I don't know what the rest of you will do in a year or three, but I don't feel that we owe any particular brand loyalty to a company that has abandoned us.

I will say that if I won a big lottery I would buy a Wrangler Unlimited -- but I don't "need" one. That would be just to be able to say I own a Wrangler.

Eagle said:
Why should I be loyal to Jeep? Jeep hasn't shown any loyalty to me. They don't build a vehicle that suits my needs. The vehicles that replace the vehicle that suits my needs aren't available with a standard transmission. Yet Jeep doesn't offer a truly fuel-efficient small SUV (The Libertine gets worse mileage than my '88 XJ). Why should I buy a new Jeep?

Fortunately for me, it's an academic question, because considering my advanced age I have enough XJs to keep going much longer than I'll be capable of driving safely. I don't know what the rest of you will do in a year or three, but I don't feel that we owe any particular brand loyalty to a company that has abandoned us.

I will say that if I won a big lottery I would buy a Wrangler Unlimited -- but I don't "need" one. That would be just to be able to say I own a Wrangler.

Hey, Eagle. When you get too old to drive your menagerie, I can supply you with a shipping address :laugh3:

When I bought my '93 XJ it was the youngest vehicle I had ever owned, not counting the wife's van which we co-own. Aside from the replacement for the wife's van, I never expect to buy anything new. The only thing that worries me is that you guys will have chopped and tubed all of the XJ's left before mine wears out :laugh3: :laugh3: I don't give a crap what DCX is building today because there is no difference between DCX and any of the other manufacturers. For the same price of the new "Charger" you can still get a like-mint '69 Charger R/T.

If you've got a '97 XJ with a 242, let me know. I'll be in the market in about three years. I'd like to have that with an ax-15, but I realize I'll probably have to do that myself. That's my total plans for "new" vehicles. It should keep me busy for a few years. If I won the lottery I still wouldn't buy anything new. I'd pick up that '69 Charger R/T, a '66 Charger 383 4bbl, and I saw a '64 Baracuda once ('641/2 actually. It has round tail lights. Very pretty).

Isn't the new Charger just a Dodge Magnum in towncar mode instead of stationwagon? We had a '64 Dodge stationwagon w/ 383 4bbl Commando. Nice, but what a boat! My God that thing was huge.

Back