• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado residents! Fabricator looking to move to Denver area with family.

JPVest

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,

My name is James and I am currently a fabricator/Solidworks designer at a known fab shop in Birmingham, AL. My wife was raised in Arvada and would love to move back with our 1 year old daughter, Addie.

I've had a bunch of Cherokees in the past and still have my first car from 16 (96 classic), and I'm currently in the hunt for a 99-01 4wd 5-speed.

I'm looking for any kind of info about what the job market is like in the Denver area for someone like myself. We are possibly looking to move as early as this time next year. Just need to get our house ready to sell as well as my personal shop property.

The Denver area looks amazing and seems to be a great place to raise our daughter and future children.

Does anyone have any advice or info for a young family looking to head West?
Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

James

Before moving, make sure and get your visa and pass the Spanish proficiency test. :gag:

Good luck finding a job. Wages are pretty depressed around here. Many of the trades jobs are being done by illegals. Heck, they can even get a legal driver's license here.

NAXJA is a good place to start looking. Hopefully someone can help you out.

Try posting over at Colorado4x4.org as well. If you don't mind living a bit further north, out of the big city, check www.northerncoloradohelpwanted.com.

4wheel parts near Arvada is hiring. Lots of local jeep places are always looking for help. Work is not that hard to find if you look for it.

Back