• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

I imagine not all wire wheels are created equal? The power washer would be nice but its not really "dirty" as much as its rusty. Bare metal on the track bar mount the spring perches etc. The tb its self the tie rod and control arm dom is all crusted. All tube that was painted was done so over surface rust is my best guess (previous owner)... Welp it didnt go no where! Smmfh- do ut right do it ONCE
anyway
My wire wheel is shining more then stripping... Might invest in another flavor cus this is madness trying to get to bare metal through paint rust and age

Ive heard good stuff about the por15.. Its roll on and pricey right? I was hoping to spray the hoe and call it good: rustolium primer and some kund of engine block paint wont suffice? Im going for rust prevention not so much bling factor... And i want eas of touch up cus it will be abused regularly

Thanks for the reply
For the paint removal, try "paint stripper" and/or "aircraft stripper." They are commonly available and cost effective.

After removing loose rust, I like to use a phosphatizing solution like this: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Oleum-32-oz-Rust-Dissolver-Spray-300112/301059233

FYI, I also use a similar solution on "clean" steel as a prep for paint.

When I painted my tank skid, I used duplicolor wheel paint because the can said it is resistant to chipping. I'm pretty sure I painted it well over 10 years ago. The only places the paint came off is where I scraped it on a rock. I think a high solids paint would work well as any for your application.

Word!
Ive done bumpers and skids and what not before just was curious if there was a go to for axles... Like getting one from curry with the high gloss looks to be chip resistant type.

Ironically i got that EXACT same rustolium spray gel. It does wonders! Still using wire wheels and grinder but the less of that shit I have to breathe in/ cover my garage in the better.

Yes i have the now hard to find 3m mask.. Bit evwn with that I have fubky boogers and likely a sinus infection on the way.

My bumbers are still the ghetto fabulous paint over rust brand of lazy work, but front axle, control arms, tierod, drag link, track bar, frame mounts, and tb mount are all shiny bare metal.

What a chore!

If i figure out how tonpost pics again maybe I'll start a build page...

I'll start the bidding at a 1-G flat ...lol...think if I left them o my dash someone would try to steal them. 20200322_205156.jpg

You could leave the engine running keys in ignition and with the widows up and doors locked.... you’d come out to a broken window and warm Jeep minus everything on the dash!

I've pretty much had it with this "pandemic" at least up until last Tuesday the 17th I could stop by the Wellington. Colorado anytinefitness for a a workout or a shower and workout ... now today I stop by at 0130 and they are closed ...at least if they shit their damn lights off I wouldn't have wasted my time getting off I-25 ... seriously how many bull shit weeks is the crock of shit supposed to take place ... wash your hands ... don't go out coughing In people's faces . I don't buy into this pandemic at the level it's being sold ... Maybe if you work in food service and your hacking up a lung...stay home . I know 3 people who have had it now thatvwete tested for it they don't seem to think it was the next black death... I wouldn't be surprised if my respiratory flu like illness I had in February was this sars cov-2 virus . I'm just not willing to live under a rock for 2-3 months for a flu like cold ... let the folks who want to go to their gyms do their thing and those who don't can stay home no one is forcing you to go there .

I've pretty much had it with this "pandemic" at least up until last Tuesday the 17th I could stop by the Wellington. Colorado anytinefitness for a a workout or a shower and workout ... now today I stop by at 0130 and they are closed ...at least if they shit their damn lights off I wouldn't have wasted my time getting off I-25 ... seriously how many bull shit weeks is the crock of shit supposed to take place ... wash your hands ... don't go out coughing In people's faces . I don't buy into this pandemic at the level it's being sold ... Maybe if you work in food service and your hacking up a lung...stay home . I know 3 people who have had it now thatvwete tested for it they don't seem to think it was the next black death... I wouldn't be surprised if my respiratory flu like illness I had in February was this sars cov-2 virus . I'm just not willing to live under a rock for 2-3 months for a flu like cold ... let the folks who want to go to their gyms do their thing and those who don't can stay home no one is forcing you to go there .

Dude, I can keep saying it again and again.

This is far more serious than you think it is...not matter what BS you happen to be reading.

And no, unless you traveled internationally, I doubt you or anyone else you know has had it.

If they did, they would know...it is nothing like the normal "flu".

This is killing perfectly fit individuals with no underlying symptoms. Not just old and those immuno-compromised.

Everyone needs to stop being selfish douche's and stay home unless it's a need to go out.

Seriously.

O man and the Gym is basically a soup bowl of sickness. with all the heavy breathing and people not wiping down equipment after they use it.
That would be the last place other than Walmart i would want to go to.

I don't read much past what the CDC post and the "FACT" that this is so contagious and no vaccine for it makes it that much more deadly.

Want a good work out. go to the local food banks and help build food boxes. I did that once and hauling cases of cans of soup and veggies and all kinds of heavy stuff. I was whooped and sore the next day,.
Sure I'm older, have bad knees from sports, and overweight but what a workout.

O man and the Gym is basically a soup bowl of sickness. with all the heavy breathing and people not wiping down equipment after they use it.
That would be the last place other than Walmart i would want to go to.

I don't read much past what the CDC post and the "FACT" that this is so contagious and no vaccine for it makes it that much more deadly.

Want a good work out. go to the local food banks and help build food boxes. I did that once and hauling cases of cans of soup and veggies and all kinds of heavy stuff. I was whooped and sore the next day,.
Sure I'm older, have bad knees from sports, and overweight but what a workout.

Dude, I can keep saying it again and again.

This is far more serious than you think it is...not matter what BS you happen to be reading.

And no, unless you traveled internationally, I doubt you or anyone else you know has had it.

If they did, they would know...it is nothing like the normal "flu".

This is killing perfectly fit individuals with no underlying symptoms. Not just old and those immuno-compromised.

Everyone needs to stop being selfish douche's and stay home unless it's a need to go out.

Seriously.

This statement is like saying you think I should stay in because it's mosquito season and its likely to get bit ,but when I say I think I have a mosquito bite you highly doubt I've been bit .How long is this supposed to go on weeks , months ? I also don't see the bodies of young healthy people piling up . I don't agree in shutting everything down especially with no clear time frame until it reopens if we did this for the seasonal flu which has already killed 22,000 in the u s. Alone this year we'd be shutting down each for months ... that's ridiculous .

This statement is like saying you think I should stay in because it's mosquito season and its likely to get bit ,but when I say I think I have a mosquito bite you highly doubt I've been bit .How long is this supposed to go on weeks , months ? I also don't see the bodies of young healthy people piling up . I don't agree in shutting everything down especially with no clear time frame until it reopens if we did this for the seasonal flu which has already killed 22,000 in the u s. Alone this year we'd be shutting down each for months ... that's ridiculous .

No, this is more like reversing roles and me trying to tell you how to drive an OTR rig since I've seen them in person and have been inside one once. I mean, I know it's not hard at all, and anyone can do it...cause I've seen it.

If people don't pull their heads out of their asses...this is going to get worse...like MUCH worse. We likely won't see the peak for another month a minimum, with some projections not until May or later. Mind you, that's a peak, with exponential growth going on in between now and then.

This is NOT the flu, no matter how many times Rush Limbaugh or some other 'Merica-tard wants to say it is.

Again, saying that is akin to saying my garden cart is the same as an F1 vehicle. They both have 4 tires and roll...so definitely equal.

That's still assuming that there are no further, worse mutations. The more people that get infected, the more mutations possible. With every mutation, is a lottery's chance it becomes the next black plague, but worse.

You can roll the dice 100 times and never get two ones, but the statistical probability is always there.

-2.5 months in
-almost 400,000 people confirmed infected across 173 of 195 countries
- and to boot you can be a symptomatic, so your a walking biohazard

you can get over the flu, but this little monster has the ability to aggressively spread, kill and in some cases cause permanent compromised lung function for the remainder of your life. All to boot there is no vaccine, not contingency plan to curb the the growth of such virus (none such that we've planned for until now/ hense the unorganized panic response). Now you say to hell with that, but the flu hasn't gone anywhere....

you didnt see the World flipping out for influenza, not like this. 2-3 months is a very conservative guess in hoping this disappears, ball park 6 months before it calms down, IF we try smothering it.
keep in mind this booger can mutate and hopefully not before we get a handle on stopping it. You are the kindling and removing yourself from unnecessary embers Will curb this (without medical influence).

no ones saying live under a rock, but maybe live a bit smarter to keep your country healthy?
the worlds got these nasty bugs all over and we only get two choices:
A- make it better
B- make it worse

I don't think anyone needs to freak out, but we see these viruses crop up time and time again, consequences vary. Unfortunately, the media is not helping, but the reaction our country has been building toward these reoccurring breakouts, has not been strengthened for the better. Really, whats it take for people to get in line with this proactive response, the certainty of death????

I certainly do not intend on spreading this crud to fellow Americans if I can help it.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...happens-to-peoples-lungs-if-they-get-covid-19

https://www.jto.org/article/S1556-0864(20)30132-5/pdf

:cheers:keep yourselves healthy and others by doing so.

If they were mutated space mosquito this would that make a difference? Young bodies haven't started pilling up because this is just starting.

The difference between this and the "flu", RNA sequencing. Because this is a novel virus and found in animals our immune system does not recognize it. The mutations comes from the fact it is normal something that would transfer form animal to animal, but now it has transferred from animal to human. Now normally it would be something that would stay that way only transfer animal to human. Eventually it would mutate again to be transferred by human to human. Yes, this is was covid is doing now but that took several weeks and that's very scary. H1N1 and Spanish flu did this as well but it took longer because it was slower. So beyond it just changing who is a carrier it has now branched off into two different strains L and S, this making it even harder to develop a vaccine. This virus is extremely slippery and if we don't do something soon it can change again. It will get deadlier and more aggressive in every stage.

Mortality rate is way higher than the flu. Flu= .01 Covid estimate around 2%. Italy is at 8%. If you want bodies piling up to prove the point that you should have stayed home they're coming. They will not just be all form Covid either. If you or a loved one need to seek medical care for a non covid injury and are unable to because the hospital is overflowing will it matter to you then?

If they were mutated space mosquito this would that make a difference? Young bodies haven't started pilling up because this is just starting.

The difference between this and the "flu", RNA sequencing. Because this is a novel virus and found in animals our immune system does not recognize it. The mutations comes from the fact it is normal something that would transfer form animal to animal, but now it has transferred from animal to human. Now normally it would be something that would stay that way only transfer animal to human. Eventually it would mutate again to be transferred by human to human. Yes, this is was covid is doing now but that took several weeks and that's very scary. H1N1 and Spanish flu did this as well but it took longer because it was slower. So beyond it just changing who is a carrier it has now branched off into two different strains L and S, this making it even harder to develop a vaccine. This virus is extremely slippery and if we don't do something soon it can change again. It will get deadlier and more aggressive in every stage.

Mortality rate is way higher than the flu. Flu= .01 Covid estimate around 2%. Italy is at 8%. If you want bodies piling up to prove the point that you should have stayed home they're coming. They will not just be all form Covid either. If you or a loved one need to seek medical care for a non covid injury and are unable to because the hospital is overflowing will it matter to you then?

The current data still doesn't show it surpassing the flu even at the lower end of mortality rate let alone the higher end for a wicked flu season . The lack of testing also means they lack the total picture of all the potential mild cases where folks have caught it and recovered and I wouldn't be surprised if they did antibody testing to those who have had what they thought to be the flu from November up until now that you will find many people have had it and just passed it off as a shitty flu . The issue is that with the new disease and regular expected seasonal disease they expect to be overwhelmed an unable to provide care this I get... however you can't shut the country down every year for this kind of issue and it seems to be popping up more often , so it's possibly going to have to become a fact of life and just accept your dealt cards yearly. Keep in mind I'm not really out in the public socially besides work which my job is considered an essential provider so even with my gym time I was in less social contact for non essential reasons outside work than most here. That said my work also means things like my showers are done at large travel centers not my own personal bathroom and all my food is supplied from these kind of places , so I'm at higher risk than most commenting here to pick up a virus , so it's not as if my stance comes from being disconnected to the associated risk . In fact my daily risk of exposure means that harsh flu bug I caught the week of February 9th that had left me with a mild dry cough until this week could very well be one of the undocumented mild cases they don't have data numbers on .

All that said I am doing the basics of minimizing exposure and practice good hygiene habits that minimize the transfer of such viruses from place to place with hands... basic social distance and washing hands is more effective than big fear , and I can guarantee you many people are not doing the basics I see it everyday in the restroom many people don't wash or just basically splash water dom their palms for 2 seconds and go , so the reality is that despite the risk of infection folks really are not doing these basics and even the yearly flu could be severely hindered if these basic hygiene habits they teach to 5 year olds were adhered to daily .

That was painfull... gyms in the city were closed weeks ago so all the cheap play it again stuff was gone awhile ago at 30-40c per lb and the big box stores sold out of their el-cheapo Olympic weights... even fitness gallery are out of all their plates and they get $2.33 per lb. I ended up buying all my plates and hd commercial quality olympic bar brand new... I just started back into the gym a week ago so I want to keep lifting and unfortunately despite years of missed workouts I found my strength to still be respectable and that means it's very Spenmmsive to buy enough weight. Ups man is going to hate life ...12 45 lb vtx plates 2 35s, 2 25s , 2 10s and 2 5s plus the 45lb olympic bar are shipping to bailey... I'll once again be shoe morning all these plates under my sleeper bunk and lifting in parking lots like when I first started Sri ing and was still strong ... company would shit to know these are in there.

I can still do a few reps on the dead lift at 495 and maxed 545 first back workout last week , so the need for this much iron is why being reasonably strong with no gym is not simple like it is for folks who think a 315 squat is heavy

Last edited:

545 dead lift?

either way damn man, are you pulling your truck hahaha. what were you at when you "Were" strong? keep the iron up and be safe out there.

I can’t believe that was actually the edited version!

Lmmfao

Back