• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

I have a good place called Innovative Foods less than 1 mile from my house that has a good retail store. Sometimes it's loaded other times not so much and by the time I thought about it on Saturday they were closed by noon.

My main place is in LaSalle about 10 min away where I get all my meat processed. Valley Packing. they have some retail goods aswell. Same problem there was closed by the time I got over my rib temper tantrum. LOL...!

I've helped a guy do his Wrangler and two guys with Toyota truck beds. It has to do with the oxygen chemical reaction. that's why why your done using it you need to put plastic wrap on it then the can lid. It kind of expands giving that thickness to it. Pretty cool stuff.

man oh man, if anyone here is in the auto body work business, you are crazy lol. what a time consuming p.i.a.
Patching most of my door, but what was a small job in my head had turned quite time consuming. ugh. mutha f-in beer time.

I'm pretty tired of hearing about the new dam flu bug . The common influenza kills many people every year in the U.S. this virus doesn't really seem to be much different from the common flu most just get sick for a couple weeks and the unlucky folks who have weak or underdeveloped immune system get the harsh end of the bug...thats no damn different the damn regular flu...but the damn media is packaging and pumping this shit up to be God damn EBOLA and folks are using it as a reason to take vacations from work.

This is not anything like the normal flu bug. It is about the same as the "normal" flu as a bicycle is to F1 car.

Yes, you should 110% take it very seriously. Not so much maybe from a personal risk standpoint, since you're young and healthy. But, you can easily transmit it, and the growth goes exponential from there.

My source of knowledge of this?

I've worked in infectious diseases for the last 4 years in a BSL-3 and BSL-3 Select Agent environment. We also have SARS-CoV-2 in house, working with other labs to help develop a vaccine.

The more people it infects, the more mutations possible, and therefore the likelyhood of those it can wreak havoc on (e.g. the younger crowd), is likely to grow.

If current exponential spread does not get curtailed, we will rapidly move closer and closer to the projected possibility of 1 million dead in the U.S. 1 million is a big number, yet is only 0.3% of the U.S. That's quite a bit more than the ~16,000 killed every year by the "normal" flu.

This is not anything like the normal flu bug. It is about the same as the "normal" flu as a bicycle is to F1 car.

Yes, you should 110% take it very seriously. Not so much maybe from a personal risk standpoint, since you're young and healthy. But, you can easily transmit it, and the growth goes exponential from there.

My source of knowledge of this?

I've worked in infectious diseases for the last 4 years in a BSL-3 and BSL-3 Select Agent environment. We also have SARS-CoV-2 in house, working with other labs to help develop a vaccine.

The more people it infects, the more mutations possible, and therefore the likelyhood of those it can wreak havoc on (e.g. the younger crowd), is likely to grow.

If current exponential spread does not get curtailed, we will rapidly move closer and closer to the projected possibility of 1 million dead in the U.S. 1 million is a big number, yet is only 0.3% of the U.S. That's quite a bit more than the ~16,000 killed every year by the "normal" flu.

Every couple years it's something else . I'll take my chances with the virus vs living in containment .That being said my Dad is type O- and my mom Type A+... I wonder which one of the Two possibilities I got A or O...possibly mail man or Gardner Wildcard ...the flu hits A type easiest and O fairs the best ...lol... so that means I'm most likely A by my luck

Last edited:

Every couple years it's something else . I'll take my chances with the virus vs living in containment .That being said my Dad is type O- and my mom Type A+... I wonder which one of the Two possibilities I got A or O...possibly mail man or Gardner Wildcard ...the flu hits A type easiest and O fairs the best ...lol... so that means I'm most likely A by my luck

:doh:

I'm also still going to gyms that are open . I went to the gas station after getting gas I wash my hands on my way into the restroom a gentleman was at the paper towel dispenser and when I walked he looked at me in a panicked worried look sped up his hand drying and almost ran out ...lol.. I can tell you I practice basic minimization of carrying germs but that behavior is crazy if things get worse I'd hate to how people carry themselves around others.

Anyone know of a place in NoCo/ loveland FoCo area that carry heim joints?
Full front axle tear down is under way.. Got her pulled and Im replacing rusted crusted links.

Going to paint the axle- any tips on stripping it? Got some wire wheels on the drill and no access to any type of material blaster... Tenuous boring job that!

Paint reccomendations?

Last edited:

Anyone know of a place in NoCo/ loveland FoCo area that carry heim joints?
Full front axle tear down is under way.. Got her pulled and Im replacing rusted crusted links.

Going to paint the axle- any tips on stripping it? Got some wire wheels on the drill and no access to any type of material blaster... Tenuous boring job that!

Paint reccomendations?

POR15 for paint. Stripping; power washer, degreaser and a wire wheel.

man oh man, if anyone here is in the auto body work business, you are crazy lol. what a time consuming p.i.a.
Patching most of my door, but what was a small job in my head had turned quite time consuming. ugh. mutha f-in beer time.

For those who don't know, body work is an art. If you know what you are doing and have the right tools, it is not hard. It is work but the difference in effort between a beginner and a professional is probably 50:1.

For those who don't know, body work is an art. If you know what you are doing and have the right tools, it is not hard. It is work but the difference in effort between a beginner and a professional is probably 50:1.

I did an auto body class in high school. At that point in my life I knew that I didn't want to go down that path. I did a good job in that class and got an A. I liked the painting part, but the metal work forming and filling sanding all that stuff. NOPE!

Its for sure a SKILLED art. now days too many shops just replace body panels and or plastic stuff paint and out the door.

Love the old hot rod led sled chopper guys that really have the gift to work metal into something of beauty

POR15 for paint. Stripping; power washer, degreaser and a wire wheel.

I imagine not all wire wheels are created equal? The power washer would be nice but its not really "dirty" as much as its rusty. Bare metal on the track bar mount the spring perches etc. The tb its self the tie rod and control arm dom is all crusted. All tube that was painted was done so over surface rust is my best guess (previous owner)... Welp it didnt go no where! Smmfh- do ut right do it ONCE
anyway
My wire wheel is shining more then stripping... Might invest in another flavor cus this is madness trying to get to bare metal through paint rust and age

Ive heard good stuff about the por15.. Its roll on and pricey right? I was hoping to spray the hoe and call it good: rustolium primer and some kund of engine block paint wont suffice? Im going for rust prevention not so much bling factor... And i want eas of touch up cus it will be abused regularly

Thanks for the reply

Last edited:

Oh and' upgrade your lower control arm mounts people.. Stock is literally DANGEROUS!
Ripped passenger side lower ca mount off swerving from a deer, hit a curb and colatoral damage was both springs unseated and torn from vehicle drive shaft riped off diff.
The whole mount came off the axle not just a little bend. It in ny eyes is now a must upgrade for any and all long/ mid arm kits.
On the zj I did them with my truss and just havent considered it as a priority in the xj.. I shoyld have been able to swerve hit the curb and keep on trucking on..

I imagine not all wire wheels are created equal? The power washer would be nice but its not really "dirty" as much as its rusty. Bare metal on the track bar mount the spring perches etc. The tb its self the tie rod and control arm dom is all crusted. All tube that was painted was done so over surface rust is my best guess (previous owner)... Welp it didnt go no where! Smmfh- do ut right do it ONCE
anyway
My wire wheel is shining more then stripping... Might invest in another flavor cus this is madness trying to get to bare metal through paint rust and age

Ive heard good stuff about the por15.. Its roll on and pricey right? I was hoping to spray the hoe and call it good: rustolium primer and some kund of engine block paint wont suffice? Im going for rust prevention not so much bling factor... And i want eas of touch up cus it will be abused regularly

Thanks for the reply

Gotcha, then you might want to get an angle grinder. Maybe use a more abrasive disk or flag wheel.

POR15 is pricey but works well one and done. You can either spray or roll. if you spray it needs to be thinned down. Rattle can is cheap but won;t compare to POR in terms of longevity.

I have a grinder just need to get a wheel that wont cut into the metal. I want the arms to keep a round look! Lol

You know how it goes, an "easy" job turns into a full on project. Having a hard time drawing a line.. Like am i going topull the diff cover the shafts and pull off the knuckles? I dont really want to!
The previous owner cut some corners and now im replacing a lot more then just a torn off bracket.

Come to think of it... The yeep is eerily similar to your profile pic! Just add some Bushwhackers and thats my ride! Did you do a mid arm with rear 9"????? Lol

Last edited:

That test they are rolling out for free in San Miguel county for the SARS CoV2 virus is pretty neat . It will detect the presence of antibodies to the virus , so you can tell not just if you're sick with it but if you've already had it and possess some immunity to it already . Curiosity for me as I believe this new bug is what I got sick with early February since the symptoms for the virus is what I jad . I was off for a total of 14 days from work as I just happened to be burning up my vacation the week I got sick so I went nowhere for most of the first 10 days as all I did was sleep sake up piss eat a bit drink water and go back to sleep . The respiratory symptoms lasted a fairly long time as I still have slight lung irritation and am inclined to cough while talking vs the first few weeks where I flat out ran out of breath walking up the driveway . Just want to know if I was carrying the virus or not ?

I have a grinder just need to get a wheel that wont cut into the metal. I want the arms to keep a round look! Lol

You know how it goes, an "easy" job turns into a full on project. Having a hard time drawing a line.. Like am i going topull the diff cover the shafts and pull off the knuckles? I dont really want to!
The previous owner cut some corners and now im replacing a lot more then just a torn off bracket.

Come to think of it... The yeep is eerily similar to your profile pic! Just add some Bushwhackers and thats my ride! Did you do a mid arm with rear 9"????? Lol

Hahaha, doubtful mine went to the crusher after cracking the unibody and stripping the good stuff. Look at a flap disc like 60 grit. That should eat up the junk.

Just want to know if I was carrying the virus or not ?

Pretty doubtful unless you had some connection to the douche that brought it to summit and eagle county. Also it would have spread to others around you very quick.

fully agree, its still a pia, but im glad to have the experience. Granted someone in this field will likely have more specialized tools than a grinder/welder to accomplish this. luckily it went well and i have a rust free door!

I have a lot of respect for those that can restore vehicles.

Shooter:
if you plan on stripping the axle completely, I might suggest Upol 2k primer/ paint. ive seend good reviews on rustoleum hammered paints, but they do chip on occasion, ive run them for a long while. If you go Por15/chassis saver youll need a UV additive, im not sure they are made to be a top coat. If you dont mind the cost check out "Top secret coatings", its a durable one part epoxy paint.

Pretty doubtful unless you had some connection to the douche that brought it to summit and eagle county. Also it would have spread to others around you very quick.

When I was sick I was pretty much alone for 14 days prior to getting the symptoms I was working in the truck for 10 days which means very little contact with people .and since I wash my hands and don't cough out into the air in public I'm not a very effective germ spreader vs people who are out in public everyday amongst many people and don't even wash their hands after using the restroom.

Back