• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Surprised the screw compressor did that. We had one at my old shop, and it had an ac dryer on it. Cleanest driest air I've ever used.
Those little Sullair units we used were beasts, in a beastly environment.

The heavy repair crews did not bother with a conditioned air supply. When temperatures hit single digits, they had already lost all hope for efficiency.

b03a550d-027e-462f-8fa9-5f87c6e65129-original.jpg

Meanwhile, the ABT guy had standards to uphold...

Yes, it was in Golden, on the Coors property.

Yes, it was in Golden, on the Coors property.

We used an electric Sullair, about 100(?) hp, made in 1985 till just a few years back. We have about 500 HP total of the newer IR compressors now. We use PSA air dryers, that get us down to about -20 F dry air. We can set them for -60 F dry air, but that just wastes air.

With a proper oil filter, no oil should get the last stage desiccant. The oil drop centrifugal filters do not get the job done if you use desiccant. And the oiler (for the air tools) should the last thing inline after the desiccant, but during shut down, one needs to make sure air does not reverse flow in the line backwards during blowdown.

Gotta love the Vise Grip hand valve handle on the photo, LOL.

Those little Sullair units we used were beasts, in a beastly environment.

The heavy repair crews did not bother with a conditioned air supply. When temperatures hit single digits, they had already lost all hope for efficiency.

b03a550d-027e-462f-8fa9-5f87c6e65129-original.jpg

Meanwhile, the ABT guy had standards to uphold...

Installed the brown dog motor mount kit I've had sitting since August of 2018 ... The daystar mounts I took off are not made nearly as well as the mounts that come in the Brown Dog kit the old factory mounts looked solid no sign of fatigue , but having 7 bolts per side holding the mount to the block should just be piece of mind . After installing both sides I finally found my 14mm for my big drive torque wrench and decided to torque wrench the bolts . Well I wish I hadn't because that p.o.s. never clicked at the setting it was supposed to and with the 24 inch long handle I managed to twist the first bolt off , so I only have 6 points bolted to the block ...next week I'll easy out the broken bolt since luckily it is the only easy to reach bolt... or just f $#% it off since now the weak point is the frame side mount despite the one lost bolt.

Installed the brown dog motor mount kit I've had sitting since August of 2018 ... The daystar mounts I took off are not made nearly as well as the mounts that come in the Brown Dog kit the old factory mounts looked solid no sign of fatigue , but having 7 bolts per side holding the mount to the block should just be piece of mind . After installing both sides I finally found my 14mm for my big drive torque wrench and decided to torque wrench the bolts . Well I wish I hadn't because that p.o.s. never clicked at the setting it was supposed to and with the 24 inch long handle I managed to twist the first bolt off , so I only have 6 points bolted to the block ...next week I'll easy out the broken bolt since luckily it is the only easy to reach bolt... or just f $#% it off since now the weak point is the frame side mount despite the one lost bolt.

I think I would like the Brown Dog mounts more...if they weren't the obnoxious yellow.

That's where SFR I think definitely has the edge, in the professional galvanized coating.

I've yet to have issues with my slightly beefed motor mounts, but I built them a while ago, and wouldn't mind something better. I do have access to a plasma CNC now :D, but not sure if trying to build them with the various offsets would be worth my time.

Ok, didn't realize the block mounts were about $100 more a set than I thought they were.

Yeah, I think I'd likely give building a set a go.

Well built poly mounts are about $100 , so that means the block brackets are only $179 all new grade 8 hardware is included for the complete installation. The fit was perfect the old mounts come off the new fits up dead on perfect , and if you read the complete directions that are included every item that needs removed to access the mounting is outlined , so no surprises... $179 vs how many hours working in the very very limited mock up space of the inner fender area ...lol... I just couldn't see wasting my time on this item vs all the other things I need to build to get trail ready again. I'm paint prepping for predator Green monstaliner, so obnoxious colors don't bother me ;-)

Well built poly mounts are about $100 , so that means the block brackets are only $179 all new grade 8 hardware is included for the complete installation. The fit was perfect the old mounts come off the new fits up dead on perfect , and if you read the complete directions that are included every item that needs removed to access the mounting is outlined , so no surprises... $179 vs how many hours working in the very very limited mock up space of the inner fender area ...lol... I just couldn't see wasting my time on this item vs all the other things I need to build to get trail ready again. I'm paint prepping for predator Green monstaliner, so obnoxious colors don't bother me ;-)

Just the engine side brackets are $260, that doesn't include motor mounts (which I don't need).

Access to the motor mounts on the buggy is...easy :lol:

Mapping them out and throwing it into a .dxf wouldn't be hard.

Biggest thing would be the gaps between the plate and block, then distance to motor mount.

Maybe I'll give it a try :D

Just the engine side brackets are $260, that doesn't include motor mounts (which I don't need).

Access to the motor mounts on the buggy is...easy :lol:

Mapping them out and throwing it into a .dxf wouldn't be hard.

Biggest thing would be the gaps between the plate and block, then distance to motor mount.

Maybe I'll give it a try :D

Too bad I already installed these they would be an easy copy for person with your skill set and available tools . Obviously the plates are just basically extensions off the stock mount and pretty much flat plate with a spacer welded to back of the plate in the locations a gap exists between plate and block... not a very technical piece , but I think the fab time would consume a weekend or two of my time working in a driveway...lol... that's a lot of time I want to put elsewhere. I'm pretty sure the invoice was $279 when I pulled the paperwork out of the box after finally opening the box after about 1yr sitting I have the full kit both sides plus poly mounts the website lists these at $349 at a glance now I don't believe I even used the naxja discount . The only prefab item I regret buying were the artec towers to mount my struts ...not so much for the rear, but the front one off mounts would have been easier to get the frame spacing from shock body clearance on droop rather than work around prefab towers that cost $140 per tower shipped .

Last edited:

At 40mph-50mph pedal all the way down the jeeps not pulling at all. Torque converter?
What RPMs?

I am leaning toward sensors and actuators. Does the TV cable exist on "newer" XJs?

2000rpm and hardly likes to get above, it seems to become more noticeable as I drive it more, symptoms increase.

The only way to get any decent power is a strong start from a stop, otherwise forget it. I've tried adjusting the tv cable 5 times.

Ive never had this happen before so my description is a bit lacking, acceleration is suffering greatly.

Lol... I tell you what the dumber the motorists the more aggressive they are when they mess up and most of the time it's because they're to dumb to realize they messed up ... case in point this morning after delivery
at Costco in Sheridan co I got on 4k river point parkway headed to the light at Oxford/4k intersection got into the most right of the two left turn lanes stopped at the light when it turned Green merged onti east Oxford using the far right left turn lane when I it was clear signalled and crossed the broken white line into what is the left lane to acquire the left turn lanes to merge into North SantaFe from Oxford rd and after taking this lane a motorist comes off 4k and cuts up my driver side in the lane I'm already in control of and veered his SUV at the semi in a raging manner then blows the horn I have room as not have a collision and even when the 2nd left lane opened up he continued to try and use the lane I'm already occupying. The motorist accelerates just to the front of me swerves at us crosses thru the lane and into the east thru lane of Oxford as all lanes stop at the light he blows horn and brandished middle finger I see a ***ish looking blonde guy and Texas plate .

2000rpm and hardly likes to get above, it seems to become more noticeable as I drive it more, symptoms increase.

The only way to get any decent power is a strong start from a stop, otherwise forget it. I've tried adjusting the tv cable 5 times.

Ive never had this happen before so my description is a bit lacking, acceleration is suffering greatly.

Clogged exhaust? Melted cat maybe

Lol... I tell you what the dumber the motorists the more aggressive they are when they mess up and most of the time it's because they're to dumb to realize they messed up ... case in point this morning after delivery
at Costco in Sheridan co I got on 4k river point parkway headed to the light at Oxford/4k intersection got into the most right of the two left turn lanes stopped at the light when it turned Green merged onti east Oxford using the far right left turn lane when I it was clear signalled and crossed the broken white line into what is the left lane to acquire the left turn lanes to merge into North SantaFe from Oxford rd and after taking this lane a motorist comes off 4k and cuts up my driver side in the lane I'm already in control of and veered his SUV at the semi in a raging manner then blows the horn I have room as not have a collision and even when the 2nd left lane opened up he continued to try and use the lane I'm already occupying. The motorist accelerates just to the front of me swerves at us crosses thru the lane and into the east thru lane of Oxford as all lanes stop at the light he blows horn and brandished middle finger I see a ***ish looking blonde guy and Texas plate .

That is how US Texans drive especially in Houston and Dallas. OH, WAIT. I am not a Texan yet. I am here just a couple of months.
Sorry you had to experience some of what I have to put up with since the beginning of the year.

Yesterday I had a student driver pull straight out in front of me and stop, blocking the lane. I hope his short life flashed before his eyes.

I don't know if he blew the stop, or took off from the stop without being able to see far enough up the road. I did know I wanted him in front of me. ;)

Back