• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

She's too cute to be "his"..... That's all from Nikki. :D

The Colorado BS thread

I dunno. I happen to think Justin is dreaaaaaaaamy
ccdc363c5205667fd64b8ebd350040a0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Way too late for that dude!

"Yeah, going to do my best not to let her have me wrapped around her finger"

:laugh3:

Yup, too late! :)

Yep, that's yours. :D

Congrats!!

Thanks! :laugh:

Exactly what I though. When’s the mini buggy build start?

After my 14 other projects :laugh:

I agree. :D

I dunno. I happen to think Justin is dreaaaaaaaamy
ccdc363c5205667fd64b8ebd350040a0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:loveu:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Only like 9 more months until we can take reverse of those shots.

Way too late for that dude!

"Yeah, going to do my best not to let her have me wrapped around her finger"

:laugh3:

Yeahhhhh I can already see I'm going to have weak strength on that one.

:loveu:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Only like 9 more months until we can take reverse of those shots.
I know. So fast. Came so so fast. I have a lot to plan still.

I just...uhhh...recently....got the title.

I'll see Monday what they say.

Haha. Fair enough. **** em. We pay so much in this state for registration it’s absurd.

Bad findings today. I've been fixing loose ends on the jeep and dropped the oil pan to do the RMS.

I found some terrible shavings from the crank bearings Caps 3 and 4 visibly look like hell. I haven't bothered pulling them off because the damage is that visible. I assume years past submarine experience has caught up to her.
So, as I feel like throwing up for the old girl I'll ask you all the only question I can. 99 222,000

What can I expect to pay for a New Engine and Labor?
I believe I've seen crate motors for $1500, correct me if I'm wrong.

I've practically wrenched on everything else on this jeep other than the engine, it's the one thing I won't mess with.
If you know of any reputable shops worth inquiring an estimate from please PM me.

Thank you

Last edited:

Bad findings today. I've been fixing loose ends on the jeep and dropped the oil pan to do the RMS.

I found some terrible shavings from the crank bearings Caps 3 and 4 visibly look like hell. I haven't bothered pulling them off because the damage is that visible. I assume years past submarine experience has caught up to her.
So, as I feel like throwing up for the old girl I'll ask you all the only question I can. 99 222,000

I've practically wrenched on everything else on this jeep other than the engine, it's the one thing I won't mess with.
If you know of any reputable shops worth inquiring an estimate from please PM me.

Thank you

You can get good used for couple hundo ($500-ish) or reman options price varies a ton. We did one from oreillys in my sisters Jeep. Was like 2k with all new everything. 3 year unlimited mile warranty. Jeep is still running strong on its next owner roughly 5 years later.
I’d say find some locals that want some cash to do the swap vs a shop to do it for cost. But it’s up to you.

Thank you

I have a rebuilt 4.0 from my 93 XJ that's not doing a whole lot. Just sitting in the jeep on jackstands. If you'd be interested let me know. As a fyi it cost me 2k to have it rebuilt and installed. Plus a few hundred extra for some of the accessory parts. Id recommened him but he's in Elizabeth. He's going to rebuild my 4.7HO for the WJ. I have to pull it but will save me a ton when its done.

Thank you

That sucks man. I just saw you PM, I'm guessing motor mounts aren't high on the list anymore.

Well, she's a driver finally!

nc06lg.jpg

Got the tires I had gotten from Mike that had been sitting around mounted up finally.

Got done doing some final tweaking (centering of the axle, toe adjustment, link adjustments, etc.) done today.

Temp tags acquired, so time to put some miles on it and start slowly working out small things.

Build thread update to follow this evening :D

Back