• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Just my luck! After replacing the blown radiator in the Hyundai, I discover the engine is leaking compression into the cooling system. I'm done with this car!

My first two requirements for the next car are that it have an automatic transmission, and a back seat that is comfortable for an adult.

Any suggestions?

I know someone with a awesome X5 they may want to sell......:anon:

What are you looking to spend?

I know someone with a awesome X5 they may want to sell......:anon:

What are you looking to spend?
I need to stay under 2k, and buy it this week.

Thanks for asking.

The looks of the narrow Treps are growing on me they don't have the looks of a 44 Bogger , But they are a very square looking tire so they don't look like a set of mounted Krispy Kreams ...aka 39.5 irok syndrome...

Got a couple weekends of finish work on the front axle then I'll get struts knocked out in a couple weekends on the rear .since I'm not rebuilding everything like the front the rear will be short and sweet .

I Need to sand and prep the entire Jeep for Monstaliner and paint ...i may wait until after the Naxja Moab event since that will probably take a a few of my weekends to get done ...and I'm still undecided on colors.

IMG_20180724_1714.jpg

IMG_20180724_54258.jpg

Mounted these s.o.b 's out in the sun today before the lightning came. The joy of tourqing 128 bolts by hand against a surface that squishes taking multiple passes...standing at 118 inches long measured from hub center to hub center and 94 inch track width.

Just my luck! After replacing the blown radiator in the Hyundai, I discover the engine is leaking compression into the cooling system. I'm done with this car!

My first two requirements for the next car are that it have an automatic transmission, and a back seat that is comfortable for an adult.

Any suggestions?

Why not fix it? Probably just a head gasket. Hyundai has about as much tech in their 4cyl as a Briggs and Stratton, pretty easy to work on.

Thanks for asking.
If you're sold on not fixing it I'd go with the civic or accord for that price range. Or if you want a small suv with good mpg you can do crv or Ford escape.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The looks of the narrow Treps are growing on me they don't have the looks of a 44 Bogger , But they are a very square looking tire so they don't look like a set of mounted Krispy Kreams ...aka 39.5 irok syndrome...

Got a couple weekends of finish work on the front axle then I'll get struts knocked out in a couple weekends on the rear .since I'm not rebuilding everything like the front the rear will be short and sweet .

I Need to sand and prep the entire Jeep for Monstaliner and paint ...i may wait until after the Naxja Moab event since that will probably take a a few of my weekends to get done ...and I'm still undecided on colors.

View attachment 6290

View attachment 6292

Mounted these s.o.b 's out in the sun today before the lightning came. The joy of tourqing 128 bolts by hand against a surface that squishes taking multiple passes...standing at 118 inches long measured from hub center to hub center and 94 inch track width.
Looks sick!! Hopefully we get to see it in action in moab.

The Colorado BS thread

6e285279005762eefde2146d46f7e885.jpg

1cc1166ec64286603d0d5db96b325342.jpg

You twats are missing out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for asking.

Older tahoe, or blazer would be my pick. Could also look for a WJ/ZJ.

You could grab a retired police Crown Vic...... I just picked up an '08 with 84K and only 1174 hours idle time on it (it was a supervisor car so it also has a few more options than a normal patrol car). Fun and comfy to drive.

I grabbed one to do some road course track day and Auto Cross stuff.....but I've been loving it as a daily to/from work. Not a fan of Fords in general, but these they did good with. Built well, perform well, reliable.

The '99-'02's are ok, but least desirable due to smaller brakes, less hp. '03-'05 are good, next level brakes, a bit more hp. '06-'11 have the bigger brakes, stiffer suspension, most hp and generally best built.

Why not fix it? Probably just a head gasket. Hyundai has about as much tech in their 4cyl as a Briggs and Stratton, pretty easy to work on.
I'll make you a screamin deal on a Hyundai! :guitar:

There is more to the story than I feel like typing. The overheat was just the last nail in that car's coffin.
If you're sold on not fixing it I'd go with the civic or accord for that price range. Or if you want a small suv with good mpg you can do crv or Ford escape.

We bought a '99 Accord last night, it fits our needs. :thumbup:

You could grab a retired police Crown Vic...... I just picked up an '08 with 84K and only 1174 hours idle time on it (it was a supervisor car so it also has a few more options than a normal patrol car). Fun and comfy to drive.

I grabbed one to do some road course track day and Auto Cross stuff.....but I've been loving it as a daily to/from work. Not a fan of Fords in general, but these they did good with. Built well, perform well, reliable.

The '99-'02's are ok, but least desirable due to smaller brakes, less hp. '03-'05 are good, next level brakes, a bit more hp. '06-'11 have the bigger brakes, stiffer suspension, most hp and generally best built.
She don't need no stinkin' cop car. ;)

The Colorado BS thread

So might not be the right place but a buddy has a cj7 for sell if interested. Runs from what he said. 4.2, body is bedlined, caribou style seats, all factory dash components and spare Dana 44 axles. We were suppose to talk more about it but went to the bar and got a bit side tracked lol. So any reasonable offers????
10f53a29c5ccb3180138333987f21673.jpg
697bac64dce21ac64c719c9ef1f5fc2d.jpg

Yeah, that'd be a converted Pontiac G8 GT or GTP to be an Aussie Holden Commodore. Pretty common in the late model Pontiac community. The GTO guys convert theirs into the Holden Monaro.

Wasn't really into it other than I wanted a set of Monaro tail lights for my GTO back when....... Otherwise, I preferred - and still prefer - Pontiac's styling.

2004-2005_Holden_VZ_Monaro_CV8_coupe_03.jpg

Last edited:

I saw an SS badged up as a Holden last Friday. Holden badges are better than the Chevy ones.

Back