• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

collection of jeep stuff(build/blog)

Looks awesome bud! Welcome back to CA.

LOL

I vaguely remember you being on the Yukon bandwagon...

not when it comes to a D44 shaft. I've seen a couple stubs that clean sheared like nothing and that was enough for me. Behind a 4 banger with 35" tires! The guy has since moved on to a D60 after that awful luck

All my Yukon gear is holding up great though :D might have been a bad batch but it seems like D44 chromos across the board are a gamble, and the ujoints are same as D30... Stepping up to a 37" tire I would go RCV's in a heartbeat.

I run the yukon dana 60 35 spline chromos. so far so good.

Sup fellers... well sh!t glad I'm back no posts in a week??

Got the 44 in last thursday, went in relatively easy. Pushed the front forward 1 1/4". Welded on the offset track bar mount.

Pushed the rear back 1 1/4" and added a MJ overload, MJ 2nd leaf, and an RE smaller overload to the pack. It's way too stiff so removing my old stock XJ main that was cut, also removing the RE smaller overload and that should give me what I'm looking for. If not I'll cut the front coil a tad bit.

Want to make a new rear bumper so my current rear with tire carrier will be for sale soon.
Need to trim the rear wheel wells, and cut and figure out what to do with the front fender tube I have.

Installed the Corbea Baja RS seats tonight with very minimal effort for install. Used my factory tracks. Seats are comfy although some more lumbar would've been nice.
The trail grapplers are so damn quiet I hear wind noise over the tires... Didn't even balance them and run 75 on the hwy.

Picked up some parts from blondejon and sold some parts up in sac over the weekend.

Next is smog and registration tomorrow.

Anyways heres the pics

Thing looks so badass !

Thanks for the kind words my friends... Got a job doing structural steel through a large company based in Santa Cruz here this week. My jeep passed smog as well.

Chopped up the front and rear.. Still have a lot to go as far as moving the washer fluid tank out of the fender and cutting up the front wheel wells. And I don't like the way I cut the front so going to make an adjustment to see if I can get it to look a bit better. Going to patch in some tube on the front hopefully it all turns out alright.

Been reading about rear 4 links and think I will eventually do that to the rear..

Looks good. You're really chipping away at it.

what are you thinking of for a spring set up in the rear if you link it? Coils, airshocks, or coilovers? Have you thought about what numbers you'd like to aim for? Antisquat, roll center, instant center... Etc.

There are a few logs at hollister that i used to shape and clearance my fenders. I really like the way it turned out. Took a little too much out of the header panel though.

Looks good. You're really chipping away at it.

what are you thinking of for a spring set up in the rear if you link it? Coils, airshocks, or coilovers? Have you thought about what numbers you'd like to aim for? Antisquat, roll center, instant center... Etc.

Haven't done much but look at a couple dozen threads. Basically going to go with lowers mounted under the subframe and the uppers as far up and inside the frame without having to cut the floor. Haven't messed with lengths or any calculator yet.. this is probably a long ways out if I even do it.

There are a few logs at hollister that i used to shape and clearance my fenders. I really like the way it turned out. Took a little too much out of the header panel though.

HAHA I suppose that's an easy way to do it

Looks great Pat, nice seats. Have you added a harness bar yet?

I haven't yet. Need to order some tube again to do that and finish the fenders again. Wish I had an extra stick.

Got the front wheel wells chopped up a bit. Looks like everything will clear lock to lock. Now to get some sheet metal in there and patch it up.

Bought some Fox remote resiz.. Got the 12" travel JK up front and 10 XJs in the back.. Valving seems fine for my weight and driving.

Got a 4 gang switch panel with usb port installed and wired today. Need to find a place to mount the ARB compressor.

Also installed the Pacesetter Long tube headers and a flex pipe.
Sounds good and some noticeable low end power increase.

Back