• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

coilover spring rate issues

so i did some measuring and calculating, and my corner weight is 660lbs. figured out i need a 200lb 16" spring, 150lb 14" spring, and 4" tender spring. got all the parts, going to assemble it tonight. also picked up a set of 12" coilovers for the front for dirt cheap used. trying to figure out spring rates for them now, and figuring out where/how i'm going to mount them.

so i got in a very short test run last week and all seems ok, however i do rub a little with 31's in the rear and i just bumped up to 33's so i think i'm going to go 150 over 300 to lift it up another inch. after talking to Cal and a few other guys in here and watching some more lifted rigs wheel last weekend, i dont think i need to be as scared of a little more height. doesnt seem like these things magically fall over when lifted.

I'm fairly certain they are the savvy/currie 4" lift kit springs which have a slightly different spring rate than the standard currie progressive. I'll have to check with blaine next time I talk to him. I know they are an off the shelf part.

I'm pretty sure they raced on a set of springs that are no longer available. IIRC they started with the off the shelf savvy spring and it was really hard in testing, and then changed it up with some softer old stock Currie springs.

I'm pretty sure they raced on a set of springs that are no longer available. IIRC they started with the off the shelf savvy spring and it was really hard in testing, and then changed it up with some softer old stock Currie springs.

funny, gerald told me the springs and shocks were off the shelf with some tuning in the shocks.

Back