• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Code 11 twice?

Grounds seemed ok and fuel pressure was right in spec. It seems like it's running about 90% good, it idles a little rough and seems to miss every once in a while. Is it at all possible that some internal damage, like in the head somewhere, was done having it run with the timing off and whatever else was wrong?

Borrowed my coworker's Scangauge II. Found that the TPS was registering 0 at idle, but would spike to 17 for a split second. My friend's Jeep is at 12 consistently at idle. When I would put it at about 1/4 throttle, the gauge would say it was at 7. Checked the wires between the TPS connector and the PCM connector and they were good. Replaced the TPS and nothing. Getting codes 0122 and 0700.

So... Does anyone in the area have a 96-98 auto XJ that wants to let me swap in their PCM to see if mine's bad? Haha, this is getting old...

Well

For anyone still interested, I think I have dropped a sparkplug after the tune up. There was no gap on one plug. Runs mint now. Certainly was not the original problem, but what I've spent the last week jerking off trying to find. Thanks to anyone that helped!

Back