• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CO Chapter is now hosting the Give-A-Way XJ build...

YELLAHEEP

NAXJA Forum User
That's right! The Give-A-Way XJ will be built by members of the CO Chapter. I was approached by Ryan (Dr. Moab) who had to step back from the build due to other personal issues and asked if our Chapter could host the build. I knew I couldn't take on this project but opened it up to Justin and Jeff to see if they'd do it. After some brief discussions, Led stepped up and volunteered to be the Project Leader and will work with Jeff (planefixer) to coordinate the build. DJ (91 Jeep Project) has voiced an interest in helping with the build as well - possibly in a logistics capacity and doing promotions.

I think Led, Jeff and DJ will do a fantastic job taking over this project and I know they're gonna need lots of help as they establish a time line for the build. Any and all Colorado Chapter members are encouraged to volunteer to help as the need arises, so stay posted.

Lots of details will come soon, but for now, this is what we have to work with:

MoneyShot.jpg

I'm told that TNT is looking to supply the lift, the Midwest Chapter is currently building a HP D44 for the front, and the SoCal Chapter is building a shaved D60 for the rear. There are a few other items offered up for this build, but by no means is all figured out. We'll be looking for lots of additional sponsorship so feel free to contact Led or Jeff if you or someone you know would like to donate to the project.

I'm taking a back seat on this project, so here's wishing Led and Jeff the best of luck! I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with!

Last edited:
I have a slightly loved hi-lift jack
some tow hooks
and a warn recovery bag/kit (chain, tow strap, d-rings, tree anchor, snatch block)

that I can donate to the cause.:thumbup:

pm me if interested.

Just don't let Led pick the paint color :wave1:

ROCK ON!

Ya if and or when time frame comes up I'm sure I could try and get the fab shop I work for to donate some metal maybe or at least get it at cost.

Note: My apologies for the previous pic of the blue 4dr prior. I was mistakenly informed that was the XJ, but it was in fact Ryan's new rig before the build up. This red 2 door is the correct XJ. :twak:

It looks like Smurf did before the camo paint - talk about deja-vu.:roll:

This is going to be a fun project, cant wait to tear into it - bring it on.:thumbup:

I know someone who has a pretty serious roof rack from NAXJAs previous Give away XJ the he would like to donate for this one. A little nostalgic thinking.

I heard that roof rack has a engine self destruct timer built in.

How and where do you enter to get a chance to win this XJ???
Got a 4door and want a 2 door so I'll have a pair.

Sting25 said:
Hey I dont know if we would want them on there or not but I would donate my jeep 2500 tail lights :)
They are ummm Unique.

Where'd you get those? Interesting.

Hmmm...I can donate my time. I dont have many spare parts anymore.

I bought some HAM radio stuff from a guy off ebay who is in china awhile back.. He spoke good english so asked him to run by a jeep dealer and pick them up for me. took about 45 days to get here cuz I was cheep on the shipping.

Chris

Sting25 said:
Hey I dont know if we would want them on there or not but I would donate my jeep 2500 tail lights :)
They are ummm Unique.
So that's your Jeep with the Chinese taillights??
xjtaillights2500china1.jpg

Well its all loaded up and ready to head that way.
IMGP4625.jpg

Funny but you can see all three of the jeeps that have been in my yard. Stinky I behind the trailer, Stinky II in the garage and the raffle jeep on the trailer.

Now if I can just find a sucker to take Stinky I off my hands.

I've got a pair of Lebaron hood vents I'd be willing to donate to this project. They are in excellent shape. PM me if interested.
Mike

mtnxj said:
I've got a pair of Lebaron hood vents I'd be willing to donate to this project. They are in excellent shape. PM me if interested.
Mike
I was thinking the same thing. I had an extra set last summer in the garage that I never got rid of.

Back