• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clunking

Brad Klammer

NAXJA Forum User
I recently installed the BDS full leaf 3" lift and got some 31" BF at's. I love the setup and think it looks great. With the t-case drop there are basically zero vibes until I get to around 80-90 km/h I get slight vibes.

Since installing the lift I have developed a few clunking noises that are driving me insane. The first is my rear u-joint and I can recognize that becasue I've replaced it on all three XJ's I've owned. The second clunk I hear when I am driving and taking turns where the road is off camber. When the weight shifts from the right side of the Jeep to the left side it makes a metalic clunking nosie? At first I thought it was sway bar bushings, but I checked those and they seem fine? Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers,

Brad

tranny mount, motor mounts, and control arm bushings. that fixed alot of my clunking. probably help with vibes too. anyway if they were starting to go out the t case drop just added more stress and made them break down a little quicker

shackles hitting the pocket?

Check your trackbar and frame side bracket.

Back