• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cleghorn Saturday Oct 10th 8:30 AM

I just ran cleghorn last night to break in my new RE6030 kit. I ran it before riding stock and i remember bypassing just a couple of nasty spots. With good spotters you can still have a lot of fun with a stock rig although i would suggest removing the sway bar links. The trail is a little more beat up from the last time i was there. It's not closed obviously but lytle creek is. I stopped there before Cleghorn and rangers got the place on lock down. Oh and if you want to put gas I pumped at 2.99 at the shell off of the Sierra exit just a few exits before cleghorn. It's right off the freeway. Have fun!

I was going to ask real quick, will we need to get a "wilderness pass" if we dont have them? If so I need to run and get one hehe.

I was going to ask real quick, will we need to get a "wilderness pass" if we dont have them? If so I need to run and get one hehe.

To my knowledge you do not need a pass in san bernardion national forest unless specifcally noted like camping in lytle creek, so no pass is needed

Hey Terry if you arent goin can I borrow your trail stuff tomorrow all my stuff went to storage so I can move?

contemplating.....

a wilderness pass is REQUIRED in the SB forest when parked off road - Parked being the key word. i wouldn't worry about it.
i can't get there til i get my rig back from the shop in the am - i'll call bill & find out where ya'll are, & meet up then

DAMMIT i Wanna go.......F@*%

Somebody shoot a vid and takes lotsa pix for me.

Did u get the jeep fixed??

I drive it daily so if nothing else i can keep it on the fire road :cheers:
As for the 4x4 if it will engage... I can always make it work if have too by crawling under and opening the posi cover and moving the fork over... i am curious to see if it takes it a while to shift over from the vacume as I always seem to have it but maybe it takes it a little to force the fork over with its age hehe. I had added some new lines to it as well. When I get some funds I will probably get something together to make a cable posilock system, or put some washers on it etc when I have money and time :).

Wish you could make it out with us, we will hook up soon though :).

that was fun even though i overheated lol
but ya very good first run for my rig

now that im done with that its time to go surfing.... one hell of a day lol

Yeah it was fun and was cool meeting you and others out there :). Bummer you overheated, at least you made it longer than I did :).

I found out that grinding noise that I thought was my front axle was my exhaust pipe. It was all beat to hell apparently from the front drive shaft. I still want to pop the axle and look at my fork and see if gears are striped as well :).

I didnt make whole run with the guys but i did get a couple pics and some pics of the views on the way back down.

Oh and aside from the trail a few people in orange carrying rifles dotted the mountainside :).

AFter i get some stuff fixed look forward to trying another trail or this one again with you all :).

pics and vids?

Back