• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clearance Lights Mod

BTW I'd call this a functional mod. If it prevents one accident caused by some drunk who doesn't see you otherwise, it's worth it.

Thats the problem drunks actually track toward the light, kinda like moths.

Looks good though! I wonder if they would have a sense of humor if you went through the scale house with those puppies lit up

Why? I liked the look, really only semi's need "clearance lights" but many other suv's and pickup owners add them, they're even factory options on many.

actually, vehicles over a certain registered weight are required to have them, which is why they are standard on 1-ton trucks, and other vehicles like the hummers, or 3/4 trucks that can be registered at that weight have them as an option.

good on you to do the mod

actually, vehicles over a certain registered weight are required to have them, which is why they are standard on 1-ton trucks, and other vehicles like the hummers, or 3/4 trucks that can be registered at that weight have them as an option.

good on you to do the mod

Thanks! Learn something everyday!:wave1:

I can see those being useful on my XJ, because the garage I get to use right now (it's a friend's, I help him fix his MJ, I fix my XJ there too) is approximately 1" taller than my XJ. The top lip of my airhorn and my roof rack crossbars come pretty darn close to smacking the hinges on the inside of the garage door. Right now I just stick my head out the window while driving in very very carefully, and air the tires down if it looks like it's going to hit though.

I like the clean install work! PS, be real careful in the future about drilling into the area right near the hatch (as I'm sure you're aware), the wiring for the rear wiper and lights and such lurks somewhere in that area and it'd suck to put a hole saw through it.

Very nice mod. I've been looking at clearance lights at various stores around my area wondering what it would look like on my Xj. I'm now confident I want to do it. Thank you. I'm trying to find clearance lights that don't have those cheap looking, plastic clip bases that cost $9 a piece.....

Very nice mod. I've been looking at chicken lights at various stores around my area wondering what it would look like on my Xj. I'm now confident I want to do it. Thank you. I'm trying to find chicken lights that don't have those cheap looking, plastic clip bases that cost $9 a piece.....

Fixed.
LOL!!!
sorry had to do it.
I drive a truck. ;)

stacks, bling rims, and a 14 inch block lift

Not a fan of clearance lights, but I dig the paint scheme. I've been tempted to do something similar to mine. It's pretty much just another white Generokee at the moment.

Back