• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clayton Offroad Leaf Springs

Just read this thread.

A shackle relocation DOES INDEED change (soften) the effective spring rate...the body is now able to travel a greater distance vertically for the same given spring flex (geometry and physics), as well as increased leverage to flex the spring.

The leaf removal on the spring pack was a poor way for Clayton's spring mfgr to get it done...but it's not the whole story :rtm:

hope clayton changed this design from when i purchased my 4.5" leafs in august 2011...It might be me but my leafs are looking like this and my passenger side is .5-.75" lower then my driver. Sadly I have yet to wheel it, only an RTI ramp.

01 xj 4.5" with shackle relocation brackets stock shackles. Seems to just make my rear leafs even more flat, and I have received little to no lift from the brackets as well

anyone got any ideas...I can post pictures if that could help just need to find someone with a camera

yep Detroit locker with 4.56...thats really what it is torque lean? any recommendations what i can do if any? thanks for the response

Its just what locked rigs do from the rear axle not being able to move at diffrent speeds not sure there's any real way to solve it

no big deal then thanks for solving that Rob! what about the rear leaf issue with them sagging greatly...don't have much weight in the rear maybe 100lbs if that. i do have relocation brackets with stock shackles. i have been doing a good amount of searching and some say ditch the stock shackles some say it doesnt matter....what do you think?

They are RC shackle relocation brackets if that changes anything

def run longer shackles, im running .75" shackles with my reloc brackets and it works mint

sounds good thanks guys...hate to ask you one more question rob...where did you get the .75 in shackle? i think 1.5 of shackle would be to much and i wouldnt be able to get it in my garage

sounds good thanks guys...hate to ask you one more question rob...where did you get the .75 in shackle? i think 1.5 of shackle would be to much and i wouldnt be able to get it in my garage

its a rustys shackle i picked up used in the clasifieds

well i got the shackles yesterday but my leafs got surprisingly more flatter exactly like mighty mightys....the shackles are at 50* used my angle gauge. it is a 1.5 inch shackle w/ relocation brackets on clayton 4.5 inch leaf springs. I did go wheeling this weekend BUT it was just a day on the trails no crawling...

my question is if i take the relocation brackets off and just keep my teraflex 1.5 inch shackles will i get my arch back in my leafs?

also with the relocation brackets im getting a really loud tire hum (33x12.5 mtr kevlar) that i never got when i was running my 4.5 inch leaf with my stock shackles

sorry for the questions guys but dam i see people on here with lifts lasting 6+ years, my leafs went 7 months with 1 trail trip no beating 3k miles and their flat im a little frustrated with this whole situation

Back