• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Classic, yet going to make history?

on another note, his defensiveness nature in that vid tells me he probably was guilty of cheating at some point.

Have you guys ever heard the phrase, haters be hatin? cause thats all i see.

If you wanna call robby out on being a dick, DO IT, but there is nothing in the video that shows that.... lets see some video of him being a dick at glamis! OH WAIT, i allready own that on DVD... NEVERMIND.

What exactly is so douchey about questioning over stretching rules in an unlimited class?.

XXXX that role model shit, dudes just another guy, get off his jock...
i'm not hating at all, i have no clue who the guy is, and i could care less about racing.
But when you get to that level and you have kids and impressionable people looking up to you, you do have an obligatory duty to act professional. The video was not, and that's all i'm saying. your opinion might differ, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

my family knows the gordon family well. hell robby was my uncles best man at his wedding. he is arrogant and can be an ass at times but at no time will he lessin a win by cheating.. he is a very competitive guy and works hard to be as good as he is in the dirt. he actually thrives on people making comments like the ones above. it drives him to work harder!!

Either way, I want to know what mod he did to his engine to make it go faster.. I need more ummmph from my go-kart.. :laugh:

E

The infatuated are infatuated... haters hate... I'm neither... I felt he was a spoiled brat 20 yrs. ago and was hoping he'd grow out of it... appreciate what he is given... he might have... now he's just arrogant... certainly fast and capable of making a truck move...
I really don't have problem with the video... just what I'd expect I guess...

Curt

This attitude is common every Sunday during NFL season and with most other pro sports. He's a professional athlete, he's overpaid, he's cocky and he's good at what he does. Nothing new there, who cares.

Ever watch Campbell drive? Ever watch, Ken Block drive. I could go on and on. In the heat of Thier professional driving, they feel they are 100% in control (and 99% of the time they are), and as a outsider, not in control, you might feel they are 100% out of control. Mixed with the fact that If this caliber of driver is known to be somewhere the crowd will close in on them and make what they felt was a safe situation at first, get more intense.

I think RG, has the attitude and driving style, that makes him as good as he is.

Would I EVER CO-Dawg with him? HELL FAWKING NO!

As for history, and how...

Well he was close to winning a internation race that the USA does not win, ever. He was driving a vehicle that was not supost to even come close to winning (2wd).

He was accused of cheatting and removed all said possibility of so, and spanked em BAD without it.

thats all..

This attitude is common every Sunday during NFL season and with most other pro sports. He's a professional athlete, he's overpaid, he's cocky and he's good at what he does. Nothing new there, who cares.
this is exactly why i dont watch sports. besides the fact that if i had time to watch it, i'd be working on a project instead.

Ever watch Campbell drive? Ever watch, Ken Block drive. I could go on and on. In the heat of Thier professional driving, they feel they are 100% in control (and 99% of the time they are), and as a outsider, not in control, you might feel they are 100% out of control. Mixed with the fact that If this caliber of driver is known to be somewhere the crowd will close in on them and make what they felt was a safe situation at first, get more intense.

I think RG, has the attitude and driving style, that makes him as good as he is.

Well he was close to winning a internation race that the USA does not win, ever. He was driving a vehicle that was not supost to even come close to winning (2wd).

He was accused of cheatting and removed all said possibility of so, and spanked em BAD without it.

thats all..
It seems very unlikely to me that a guy at that level of competition would knowingly cheat, especially a guy who is supremely talented at what he does. Regarding the attitude, what I have heard has nothing at all to do with when he is racing, only when he is out playing at Glamis.

It seems very unlikely to me that a guy at that level of competition would knowingly cheat, especially a guy who is supremely talented at what he does.
you'd be very suprised. For example, I worked for a well known company in the racing industry who manufactured a few titanium rear gear carriers for a certain nascar driver who definitely won a bunch of races, as does his son.
And obviously the Tour De France.... pretty much any solid racer is a doper.

Baseball-steroids, NFL-Videogate, NCAA-recruiting violations, pay for play, etc, etc. I'm sure motorsports is no different - shaving weight, illegal parts, etc. Many people view cheating as a part of competition, if you can get away with it then you've beat the system. Not the view i hold, just sayin.

personally i want more steroids in the pro level i pay big $$$$ to go to chargers games and i want my $ worth. steroids means bigger hits! and i think that when your as good as guys like RG are you have to be arrogant to an extent. i think that level of self confidence helps them to achieve amazing feats

my family knows the gordon family well. hell robby was my uncles best man at his wedding. he is arrogant and can be an ass at times but at no time will he lessin a win by cheating.. he is a very competitive guy and works hard to be as good as he is in the dirt. he actually thrives on people making comments like the ones above. it drives him to work harder!!
That's actually not true... he's been caught more than once cheating, and cutting course. Part of the reason I'm not a huge fan.

I admire the guys will to win, and I admire his talent in a truck. What I DON'T admire is his attitude and driving style when he used to take his truck to Glamis. That's the reason he lost Menards as a sponsor, as well as Red Bull. I've always had a sour taste in my mouth since then.

Take a look at Andy Mac, that boy can DRIVE, and does so without cheating, and without the attitude.

thats all..
I'm definitely not questioning his talent behind the wheel. If he can keep a truck together, he's going to finish on the podium more times than not. My issue is with his decision making skills. Being in control or not, cutting across a hill at Glamis on a busy thanksgiving weekend is a shitty idea.

That's actually not true... he's been caught more than once cheating, and cutting course. Part of the reason I'm not a huge fan.

I admire the guys will to win, and I admire his talent in a truck. What I DON'T admire is his attitude and driving style when he used to take his truck to Glamis. That's the reason he lost Menards as a sponsor, as well as Red Bull. I've always had a sour taste in my mouth since then.

Take a look at Andy Mac, that boy can DRIVE, and does so without cheating, and without the attitude.

Agree on Andy Mac, skills and class!!

As for Robby, Im a huge fan. I agree he should be smarter out at Glamis, maybe with maturity he has gotten better. He did not loose Red Bull because of his recklessnes, but he did loose Menards.

Now, the boy has MAD skills... no doubt there. And I agree with Jim, he needs to keep it together.

Now, for those questioning, chk this video out, a few years ago at Dakar, barrel rolls hauling ass (can remember exactly, but I think he was doing over a BUCK) and is back up and running immediately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOy3RU05AuQ&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL4F5075BF4B942869

Last edited:
Agree on Andy Mac, skills and class!!

As for Robby, Im a huge fan. I agree he should be smarter out at Glamis, maybe with maturity he has gotten better. He did not loose Red Bull because of his recklessnes, but he did loose Menards.

Now, the boy has MAD skills... no doubt there. And I agree with Jim, he needs to keep it together.

Now, for those questioning, chk this video out, a few years ago at Dakar, barrel rolls hauling ass (can remember exactly, but I think he was doing over a BUCK) and is back up and running immediately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOy3RU05AuQ&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL4F5075BF4B942869

HA !! saw him do it once on Laguna Salada in the hay hauler... nothing but the cab was left... shook it off let things settle & off he went...

Le Duc told me once he went to pass during a Nevada race hit a fence went end over end & landed barely lifted & took off again... :looney:

Curt

Back