• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chrysler collision data bus

tugalo

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know what the normal voltage level is supposed to on the CCD bus? i have a 98 Grand Cherokee and everything works except the radio dislay, and the way I read the manual, that display is controlled by the CCD bus.

Last edited:
The radio display isn't controlled by the CCD bus. The radio is pretty much a separate entity until you go with something like the Igig in a WJ. The only thing I can think of that the radio would pull from the CCD bus is the time.

thanks for the reply Tylan,
the manual says that the CCD controls all the flourescant displays on the instrument panel, the overhead console and the radio. I am measuring 2.3v on the CCD connector to the radio.

The CCD signal is a differential signaling serial data bus... 2 wires. It passes binary data in a specific format, measuring the voltage on the wires with a meter will unfortunately tell you almost nothing about what is happening. You should however read about 2.5 volts on each, iirc.

Back