• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Choosing rock sliders...HELP

riverfever said:
AJ's huh?? Well...I too think that his stuff is rather nice. However, I have sent him mail to the work address as well as PM's here and heard nothing. I stopped trying about a month ago now I spose. I've heard nothing but good about his stuff.
Sometimes you just have to post a topic in the forum of his. His e-mail is wierd and I think he still uses dial up. I will say that is probably one of the bad things about his business; orders are all done over the internet as well as being in contact with AJ. But once he gets the info/money he gets busy and doesn't hesitate to ship his products. If you're willing to wait a little longer you will definately thank yourself for doing so when you get a nice HEAVY package of Rock Rails at your door.

Yup. AJ's stuff is good. And that package on the doorstep makes the waiting all worth while.

If you do talk to him...he's down to earth and honest.

Really nice guy.

red91inWA said:
Yup. AJ's stuff is good. And that package on the doorstep makes the waiting all worth while.

If you do talk to him...he's down to earth and honest.

Really nice guy.

yup!

Go Go said:
I went with Olympics adjustable rails. I love them. Got them from Quadratec online. They tuck in for wheeling and when I'm just driving around they extend as a step for roof access and also stick out far enough to protect the jeep from other people's doors. Tucked in they stick out maybe 1-2 inches, extended they are even with the side mirrors. I've had to touch up the paint once from use and once from rust. Rustoleum hammered black matches the powder coat perfectly which brings me to my next comment, they didn't do a great job powdercoating, there is some rust underneath that flaked off the powder coat, had to sand and repaint it, but since they are adjustable/removable painting requires no masking.

BTW, I was going to get a set of AJ's, he had just had hand surgery and never replied to my request. So I figured I couldn't wait.
Is there some kind of saftey pin to keep those from extending? I'm just curious on how they would act as a hi-lift point.

red91inWA said:
you think that jeep is ugly look in this....

mirror.jpg
that was weak...like your coffee!

burn?

Go Go said:
I went with Olympics adjustable rails. I love them. Got them from Quadratec online. They tuck in for wheeling and when I'm just driving around they extend as a step for roof access and also stick out far enough to protect the jeep from other people's doors. Tucked in they stick out maybe 1-2 inches, extended they are even with the side mirrors. I've had to touch up the paint once from use and once from rust. Rustoleum hammered black matches the powder coat perfectly which brings me to my next comment, they didn't do a great job powdercoating, there is some rust underneath that flaked off the powder coat, had to sand and repaint it, but since they are adjustable/removable painting requires no masking.

BTW, I was going to get a set of AJ's, he had just had hand surgery and never replied to my request. So I figured I couldn't wait.

Those Olympic rock rails sounded neat, so I headed over to quadratec.com to look at them, but I couldn't find them. :confused:

riverfever said:
AJ's huh?? Well...I too think that his stuff is rather nice. However, I have sent him mail to the work address as well as PM's here and heard nothing. I stopped trying about a month ago now I spose. I've heard nothing but good about his stuff.
I'm really sorry for that, not sure of what happened but I definitely won't make any excuses. Being a one man operation for so long it would be next to impossible to post a phone number and actually get any work done. BUT, now that I've got some help, we'll be doing just that. Conducting business through email can only go so far!

And our rockrails not only use an additional mount on the rear spring hanger and the pinch seam mount is angle, but the main body of the rail is attached to the pinch seam mount through 3 supports.
rrmount.jpg

I know some people have asked me about putting the outer tube up at an angle but I'll only build them straight out. The main reason is because I don't want to copy designs that are already out there but the other is that they work very well offroad.
saved.jpg

saved2.jpg

saved3.jpg

Trust me...I meant NO disrespect when I said what I did AJ. What's the best way to get in touch with you about your stuff?

i've got the JCR's and i love em. they haven't been around a long time, but i've heard nothing but good things about them, and i've found them to be great guys. as far as copying aj's, i don't know anything about that. but then, how many designs can you come up with a production rock slider?

i like the stuff i've seen from AJ as well. i also really like the slyders from Detoursusa

xjuni_main.jpg

but they are more than just rock rails and are a bit more expensive. they are in the budget for next spring though. i currently run C4x4 double-tube rails

I think any of the smaller production guys that put out a great product should be considered... AJ, Mark at Detours, Terry at Rigid, Kevin...etc. Just search through the articles to see what your needs are and go from there. I'm just thankful these guys are out there making a quality product.... to answer your q I have Detours Frame/slider combo and it's awesome...
(<----- with stupid) as I don't know how to post pic's yet but maybe I'll try to get a pic or two up...
cheers bro, you won't go wrong with any of the above selections...

riverfever said:
Trust me...I meant NO disrespect when I said what I did AJ. What's the best way to get in touch with you about your stuff?
None taken bud. I know there have been people who have tried to reach me and haven't heard back like yourself. Best way for you right now is email [email protected] but if you don't get a response right away from there goto the Interaction page of my site and post up a message as I check that every day. Phone number will be going up within a month though which should make things a lot easier!

Jim63 said:
what makes you say that?

Yeah!......what he said!

(Ramsey must know who's jeep that is.):laugh3:

If anyone has any questions about our products, feel free and give us a call at (269) 372-2842. Leave a message if we don't hear the phone and we will give you a call back.

With sliders the designs between companies are pretty close. I like the way ours mount and function... I've yet to have one negative complaint about their function or failure. If I hear one, or if anyone offers input on an area that can be updated/upgraded I would be happy to listen.

We are not going to add a bunch of smoke and mirrors to stuff that adds weight, and cost, yet has no effect on strength.

If anyone ever had problems with our pinch seam mount I will fix their problem, and change the design for the future. We wouldn't offer a lifetime guarentee if we didn't pay close attention to quality :D

~Daryl

Last edited:
Back