• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chinaman Gulch Run: SATURDAY, APRIL 21st

the ranks are thinning...

who all is planning to camp out friday night? i've got to p/u some things in co springs friday afternoon, so will likely head over that evening...

anyone else? whereabouts?

I'm in. What time are we meeting at the trail head?

I'm out. Got three different people coming to see if they want to buy my tow dolly. I also have a few things to do to get ready for Moab in a couple of weeks.

The_Rock said:
I'm in. What time are we meeting at the trail head?

Be at the KFC on 31st and Colorado by 7:00ish or at the trailhead by 9:00-9:30

Weather Forecast for BV Saturday
50% chance of rain, highs mid 40s - mid 50s.It could get a little sloppy.

Last edited:
frankenstang57 said:
We're staying in Fairplay on Fri. night. We'll meet you guys at the trailhead. Is there parking for a 40' trailer or do we need to stash the truck elsewhere?

There's room for the trailer at the parking area for the trailhead.Swinging that 40' trailer through the entrance gate might be a little tight though.

caravan?

anybody heading down 285 from denver/golden area? meet at the fort?

i'm about 75% in, as my wife seems to have picked up the flu bug we've been trying to avoid all week from our kids. guess i'll have to play it by ear in the morning.

jeff, what was the final word on the later start time-- still planning on splitting in two groups?

Re: caravan?

MMIXJ said:
jeff, what was the final word on the later start time-- still planning on splitting in two groups?

If we have 20 rigs or less we'll be ok as 1 group- we can still finish the trail by 5-6pm (maybe sooner) if we dont screw around too much and if there isn't too much "other" traffic.If we have more than that then we'll split into 2 groups and try to get the first group rolling by 9:30-10:00 and start the second group 10:30-11:00.If we do split ,I plan on leading the 2nd group so if any body wants to step up and lead the first group feel free to do so.We'll have a few newbies/trail rookies with us so they'll need a little guidance and our patience occasionaly.My main goal is for everyone to have a good time and a safe run :party: .

I'm out as well. I've got a bit more work to do to the jeep tomorrow. I would like to hit Carnage Boulder on Sunday. Freerider15, what time are you going to be at the trail head?

MMIXJ said:
anybody heading down 285 from denver/golden area? meet at the fort?

I'll be heading down from Golden as soon as I figure out how to get there. Never been down that way before. Anybody else in for a little caravan action? That group comin from up north a bit feel like swinging through and meeting me somewhere so I can join the gang?

GRN_MTN_XJ said:
I'll be heading down from Golden as soon as I figure out how to get there. Never been down that way before. Anybody else in for a little caravan action? That group comin from up north a bit feel like swinging through and meeting me somewhere so I can join the gang?

I am out tomorrow.. Got some work to do and blah blah blah.. (n)
Bri- pm me if you need directions, otherwise you could probably meet a crew down by 285 and c-470 or something.

Have fun guys!

Jeff, see you next week.

Poop

I'm out. I've been planning on Zac and myself making this run for awhile. However. His music teacher changed his lesson day from Thursday evening to Saturday afternoon just recently. I didn't make the connection until yesterday.
Zac was really looking forward to it, so I don't want to go without him. He can't miss his lesson because he will be auditioning to move from the Vivace group to the Encore group in the Colorado Springs Youth Symphony soon. He doesn't work real hard at school but he does work at music. It's a great program if your kid is into music. The most basic level players in the program sound better than the average high school orchestra.

Anyway, I'm going to start another thread for going wheeling on Sunday up old stage road, Mt. Baldy, or Eagle Rock, or whatever.

Fred

yo grn,

wanna meet at the fort at 8:am? PM your cell number if interested, as i won't know i'm going 100% until morning, so wouldn't want you waiting around for me.

terry

GRN_MTN_XJ said:

4 lo = good

nice to get out and see some new faces. :cheers:
i only took a few pix, but i'll post 'em up later...

Back