• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cherokee MPG Poll

I pulled the outliers from the overall results.

You pulled the outliers and still have a worst of 3 mpg?

A common/suggested method of measuring is necessary to give meaningful results. Plenty of people don't know how to accurately measure fuel consumption.

Steve

Heck, the standard method isn't even entirely reliable. Temperature, humidity, slope, etc, can all have an impact on how much gas is actually pumped. Consumer Reports weighed the two cars they tested recently to see if they were matching the EPA estimates.

Restart the whole thing and allow people to only submit the "Miles" and the "Gallons" used. Then have the program divide for the results. This should help from people submitting what they think or what their overhead console thinks. I will not stop all the BS, but I think it would help.

Then if you feel up to it you could allow people to enter there Gear ratio, Auto/manual, tire size, speedo tooth count, engine(4.0, 4.6, 4.7, ex.)...........

Good luck sorting all that out.

Ok so im for real about this. Well it may not count but i have a 96 2 door running 31"s 2wd and my last tank which is about 75% highway i got 25.4. 389 miles on 15.3 gallons of REAL GAS. no Ethanol.

On the last fillup my '98 got, I figured it was 16.3mpg. I did recently change the route I take to work to one that increases the distance by about a mile, but maintains higher speeds on flatter ground with nearly half the stop lights. Now stop signs did triple, but all of them combined often require less idling than one stop light tends to. Prior to that doute change, I was lucky to get 14mpg if I really pushed it and did lots of coasting whenever I could.

Ok so im for real about this. Well it may not count but i have a 96 2 door running 31"s 2wd and my last tank which is about 75% highway i got 25.4. 389 miles on 15.3 gallons of REAL GAS. no Ethanol.

Are those 15.3 gallons what it took to fill before or after you went 389 miles?

Chitty

and Chittier

with $4/gal gas

Newark OH went from $3.55 this morning to $3.78 this evening. I got it for $3.50 from the save $.05 a gallon deal from Speedway for the month of April.

Below $4.00 a gallon for 87 has been rare here for a while now. I saw an article on Yahoo about how prices were supposed to be going down.........just as prices here were going back up:banghead:

Funny how the price of Diesel went up so high when people started buying diesel fueled cars,.. and the feds(and everyone else)started charging road tax on it. Now it's generally 0.10 more then super unleaded.

Back