• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cheapest place to buy Warn/Smittybuilt Winchs?.

Threads that take this direction after someone seeks advice makes me like NAXJA less than before.

Is it really that hard to give someone an answer without getting all personal about it?

UnKn0wn: H-Bday BTW :D

Yes, please get to know the People in your area by hanging out on your Chapter Forum. You should find it worth your time :D

I wanted to address this comparison to Pirate4X4 (or JF...)

We don't mind people hanging out and chatting, asking Q's, or even Technical questions. We diligently hope that at some point those people find value in becoming a Member of the Club (Not just a "site" but a real Club with real Events and with Folks which will actually HELP you), or a supporting Member (For those who just want to contribute to keeping the Site up).

There are lots of people who support this Forum; in no particular order:
*Club Members (Red)
*Supporting Vendors (Blue)
*Supporting Members (Green)

* Club Members have voting rights, are allowed discounts by supporting Vendors...
* Supporting Vendors not only pay for advertising, but support Club Events, and the operation of the Forum.
* Supporting Members have no voting rights, the rate is discounted from the Regular Member Rate, are allowed discounts, and help support the Forum.

Serious Off-Road's Q was simple enough, but perhaps phrased wrong. As a Supporting Vendor, he wanted to understand, as a business person, why he supports the Forum which which the OP asked his question on, but out of hand discounted supporting him or his fellow Supporting Vendors. All he asked was that if one uses the Forum to shop, to please keep Supporting Vendors in mind when making a purchase. Seems fair to me.

Also this:
Originally Posted by Bdiddy11
Threads that take this direction after someone seeks advice makes me like NAXJA less than before.

Is it really that hard to give someone an answer without getting all personal about it?

At the sake of being "personal" I will answer your Q. I see nothing abusive in this thread. Just so you understand, I am not putting him down for asking the Q, and I can't really fault any answer posted here. Service after the sale is an issue, I ran into that with Mile Marker; so that is a valid point. The OP could have done his own price research and got the same exact or better answer (Cyber Monday and all). He also could have called a few of our Supporting Vendors to see if they would have given him a Discounted price (being his B-Day, NAXJA User, and Cyber Week Discount (Hey you use all your leverage!)) We will never know how that would have worked out.

Forums in general are an interesting thing. It is "Your Thread" because you created it by posting a question or comment, but the replies are completely out of your control. As long as everyone is being civil, I don't see an issue. The Internet is not impersonal, there are people, and their personalities behind every post.

-Ron

I used to be a member when I first ran across this site. I am on this site almost daily but to be honest, the $30 ( I think) I spend didn't get me much other than a sticker and my name in red. That was cool 1 time. I don't live near enough to events that NAXJA sponsors so that doesn't help me. It did get me $10 or $20 off a Tom Wood's drive shaft once though. Maybe the vendors on here could post a red letter price for the winch that he whats so that he can be better informed? Maybe then he will support a forum sponsor?

I used to be a member when I first ran across this site. I am on this site almost daily but to be honest, the $30 ( I think) I spend didn't get me much other than a sticker and my name in red. That was cool 1 time. I don't live near enough to events that NAXJA sponsors so that doesn't help me.

I have not personally "gained" from being a member of this site. I also don't "gain" from plunking down a 5 or 10 spot in the Salvation Army bucket. Sometimes you donate to things you believe in, but get no direct benefit from. I NEVER donate money to people standing in the road begging (firemen and Shriners included), but I will always pull in to a car wash or some other venture (spaghetti dinner etc...) to donate money and drive off without the service because they are truly dedicated enough to work for something greater than themselves. NAXJA is one of those things. They offer tech and support regardless of membership, but are actively involved in keeping trails open and being responsible wheelers. Well worth the money even if you don't attend events or "belong" to a club. Besides, if you join, you can bag on Cracker and Gsequoia in the Den. They LOVE that!
My 2c worth, even though nobody asked. How cool is that!

Why does everything always have to be red or black?

I was a member for many years. I do not understand why people have to recruit members? The March membership drive is a joke to me. Why would a "club" with such a great following have to actively recruit new members?

If this forum is what the user wants and likes they will support it. I personally can't stand people trying to strong arm or guilt a user into joining.

What kind of image does that leave in their minds?

Why does everything always have to be red or black?

I was a member for many years. I do not understand why people have to recruit members? The March membership drive is a joke to me. Why would a "club" with such a great following have to actively recruit new members?

If this forum is what the user wants and likes they will support it. I personally can't stand people trying to strong arm or guilt a user into joining.

What kind of image does that leave in their minds?

I can't answer for someone else's mind, but there is strength in numbers and money talks. Ask any politician what two things most influence their votes. Membership and money is helpful with both. No pressure, just education. If money is not in someones budget I personally don't want a bill to go unpaid because of NAXJA, but I also don't want anyone to think that their dues aren't important.

Last edited:
Please just delete this thread. I got the answer i wanted and that was all i asked for. No need to clutter things up for the other "Members" To read,Waste time, and so on.

Thanks a Bunch
JMOliver

Please just delete this thread. I got the answer i wanted and that was all i asked for. No need to clutter things up for the other "Members" To read,Waste time, and so on.

Thanks a Bunch
JMOliver

As I mentioned, this is a Forum. you may have started the thread, but just because you are done with it, doesn't mean everyone else is done with it :scottm:

Relax, it's the internet. If you are truly done with this thread, just ignore it.

Shelby:
I'm sorry that where this thread has headed upsets you and UnKn0wn.
I am on the same page as westvirginia24976
Like said, we don't mind folks hanging and asking questions or otherwise participating on-line. We encourage it. However, sooner or later, they will be reminded, by somebody, that this Forum costs money to run. Think of the March Membership Drive like the pledge drives on our local PBS station. Same as PBS, we don't strong arm you, but politely inform that this Forum costs something to run and encourage people to at least support the Forum and the Vendors who support it. If you can't afford it, that's fine; no worries mate and all that.

-Ron

I thought it looked like a 4 wheel parts website.....

For some reason my name turned black today :( will get fixed soon.....

Back