• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chapter Members

Im not on there... or I'm blind?

Hahaha alright thanks.

I just write letters, by hand, to Troy or DJ, and they post for me. I can't figure out this "internet fad" thing. Jim said he'd give me lessons one of these days. I hear they have the internet on computers, now.

Sincerely yours,

Stephen

Curious why only maybe 20% of our Chapter shows up together at any given time. Just stirring the pot before I bail out of here.

Mike paid me for his membership yesterday at the meet.

Sounds about normal......but didn't didn't we get into this discussion just recently?

You can set up a date that meets the needs of only part of group, but you will never get a date & time set that will allow everyone to attend.

....thems' just the facts jack.

I am just very pleased that after nine runs this year for me most of them when a roll call went out we had some great turn outs. Thanks everybody!! :cheers:

A date that is set a year out, like Colorado Fest, should attract way more people. Even if the bulk just showed up for the weekend, so they dont have to use vacation time.

Hey I can personally testify to that one.

I had planned on it and was looking forward to it since looking at the coverage of the '08 Coloradofest. Then all of a sudden the due date for our new son was the 28th of July and guess what? My plans changed.

I understand it is frustrating planning events cause you will never get everyone. Unless you turned into the mob or something and DEMANDED the attendance???? :rtm:

A date that is set a year out, like Colorado Fest, should attract way more people. Even if the bulk just showed up for the weekend, so they dont have to use vacation time.

There are those people that actually work on the weekends... Epecially now with the way the economy is. You take what you can find or work extra on the weekends to not make the next layoff list.

I always plan on it, yet I'm never there. This is why I have given up on planning.:guitar:

It seems to me more and more that it is being expected of us that if we are a member that NAXJA has to be the only object of our free time. Maybe some people should get a job that is demanding, some family members to concentrate on the weekends, as well as a home, and possibly a significant other and then try to focus entirely on NAXJA.
It aint going to happen! This is a club and we are not getting paid to participate at every drop of a dime. We pay whether we show up or not.

It seems to me more and more that it is being expected of us that if we are a member that NAXJA has to be the only object of our free time.

Showing up to the whole two "official" wheeling trips we hold a year is expecting more and more? I don't expect anything at all. But I work full time with the military, which can include weekends. I spend an inordinate amount of time being the National Treasurer. Also, as your local Treasurer. I am not an orphan with no friends, so I do have a life beyond all that as well. I'm just curious is all. No need for everyone to get all defensive. Just seems we always have the same people showing up to everything.

Showing up to the whole two "official" wheeling trips we hold a year is expecting more and more? I don't expect anything at all. But I work full time with the military, which can include weekends. I spend an inordinate amount of time being the National Treasurer. Also, as your local Treasurer. I am not an orphan with no friends, so I do have a life beyond all that as well. I'm just curious is all. No need for everyone to get all defensive. Just seems we always have the same people showing up to everything.

Expecting everyone to show up to two( wow a whole two, no wonder we need a new BOD) wheeling trips is redic. I went on 8 runs this year with NAXJA members as well as some get-togethers and I enjoyed all of them. And as far as the same people always showing up? How many times have I seen you on a run? Or ever? I think I may have "seen" you once but was never introduced, as there seemend to be little "cliques" of people at that certain event. There seems to be little groups of those who go wheeling with eachother for the most part and I have no problem with it, as well as I dont mind getting out there to meet new people. But you have to understand everyone is in different situations, with different time constraints. I think that we can agree that there is a change going on with who is active in this chapter as far as old and new members are concerned. Alot of the original members are gone or almost and there are a lot of new faces. If we just give it time to transistion, and give people more time to get aquainted I think this chapter has serious potential.
:soapbox:

Expecting everyone to show up to two( wow a whole two, no wonder we need a new BOD) wheeling trips is redic.

Yeah, official events. All of the other runs are unofficial runs. Thats kind of how all of the Chapters work their boss.

I went on 8 runs this year with NAXJA members as well as some get-togethers and I enjoyed all of them. And as far as the same people always showing up? How many times have I seen you on a run? Or ever?

Just going out a limb here, but that probably had something to do with me selling my rig in February.........:rolleyes:

Lose the attitude there xjboy, there is no reason for it.

Yeah, official events. All of the other runs are unofficial runs. Thats kind of how all of the Chapters work their boss.

So you are saying that NAXJA chapters only exist because of official runs?

Just going out a limb here, but that probably had something to do with me selling my rig in February.........:rolleyes:

Lose the attitude there xjboy, there is no reason for it.

As far as the rig selling goes, doesnt seem to me that you were too commited to the point of this club then if you sold the one thing that qualified you to be a member.
And I will loose the attitude if you loose yours that almost always comes out in your posts.

O and the
their boss
should be "there boss" and do I see some foreshadowing there?

Justin, you really do need to meet DJ so that you'll understand his "dry wit" -- check his sig, man, "he's cranky". And he does have an MJ in peices in his garage, I think he's committed (in more than one way :gag:).

No, not sure where you got that from. I'm saying the Chapter only "sanctions" two runs a year. Which means a Board member has to be present, and it is subject to all of the rules and regulations of the Corporation. The members can get together anytime they want and do an impromptu run. Just like you said, you've been on 8 this year. My point was that only two official runs a year does not constitute a worthless BOD. That is how it has always been structured.

As far as the rig selling goes, doesnt seem to me that you were too commited to the point of this club then if you sold the one thing that qualified you to be a member.

Questioning my commitment to this club? I won't even dignify that with a response.

O and the should be "there boss"

Yup, gramatical error, you got me.

Back