• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Change is coming to NAXJA

I've been a red letter for a long time but when I went black I never wanted to go back.

When ever someone brings up a valid point or question it gets shit on by everyone including BOD. Nothing is taken serious and I see no reason to pay to go red, if I'm paying for red letters to "keep our trails open" I'll personally donate the 35$ to BRC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's you, not the club. I find it hilarious that everyone who bitches and moans the most never even shows up to an event or does an AAT.

Regarding the "big change".... is the club going to maintain it's XJ/MJ bias when it comes to things like raffle items (moab jeep giveaway, etc), ROTM if that ever comes back, t-shirt graphics, logos, etc? Has there been any talk of keeping it to rwd jeeps so that we don't have a bunch of Patriot or Compass how do i change my blinker fluid questions?
I assume the tech sections would have model specific subsections like most forums... do we have the manpower to moderate all that if it in fact works out really well for our traffic?

if I'm paying for red letters to "keep our trails open" I'll personally donate the 35$ to BRC.

Curious if you sent your check to BRC yet....

Regarding the "big change".... is the club going to maintain it's XJ/MJ bias when it comes to things like raffle items (moab jeep giveaway, etc), ROTM if that ever comes back, t-shirt graphics, logos, etc? Has there been any talk of keeping it to rwd jeeps so that we don't have a bunch of Patriot or Compass how do i change my blinker fluid questions?
I assume the tech sections would have model specific subsections like most forums... do we have the manpower to moderate all that if it in fact works out really well for our traffic?

From what I understand this club is and will stay XJ/MJ specific. We are opening up more tech forums to help with other unibody jeeps tech and giving them a place to tread lightly and learn our way of wheeling. I might be saying this wrong but hey I'm a good ole boy from South Carolina.....

Last edited:
Glenn, you are spot on.

Growth will not be immediate, but the tech will grow slowly - as it did at the beginning of NAXJA when the XJ/MJ tech was still light

From what I have read so far no name change is even planned
There is a big difference between adding some sub forums and reorganizing the ones we have (which is what is proposed) and a complete overhaul.

Not sure why folks are getting their knickers in a twist, maybe its a reading and comprehension thing.

From what I have read so far no name change is even planned
There is a big difference between adding some sub forums and reorganizing the ones we have (which is what is proposed) and a complete overhaul.

Not sure why folks are getting their knickers in a twist, maybe its a reading and comprehension thing.
I agree it doesn't seem like a big deal, we already have a subforum for other vehicles..... which is completely dead.

Has there been any talk of keeping it to rwd jeeps so that we don't have a bunch of Patriot or Compass how do i change my blinker fluid questions?

C'mon man! I hear that blinker fluid drain plugs are really hard to access on those models, and that its really hard to find a replacement blinker fluid filter!

C'mon man! I hear that blinker fluid drain plugs are really hard to access on those models, and that its really hard to find a replacement blinker fluid filter!

OTOH, I hear that if you are low on blinker fluid you can just fill it up with pee. Same as DEF.

Has there been any talk of keeping it to rwd jeeps so that we don't have a bunch of Patriot or Compass how do i change my blinker fluid questions?

Regarding this paragraph. I understand the sarcastic nature of the illustration, but those are the exact kind of questions that we can answer for new Jeeper that, if we make them feel welcome instead of making them feel stupid, can grow this club. When I look back at some of the questions that I asked back in the early days of owning a Jeep (which was also the early days of NAXJA - member #176), I'm sure that had I asked them in this day and age of NAXJA, I'd have been ridiculed. Point being, no question should be a stupid one, and if we can get someone in a Patriot that wants to learn about their vehicle, why shouldn't this be their resource?

OEM only. No aftermarket support for those filters whatsoever. They started putting them on XJs in '01.

EDIT : Making light of some of the sillier stuff is IMO being posted because we haven't made the change yet. Once we do I think we can all focus on BMW owners.

Last edited:
Point being, no question should be a stupid one, and if we can get someone in a Patriot that wants to learn about their vehicle, why shouldn't this be their resource?

Are we trying to grow the club, or the forum? Our club seems to heavily revolve around preserving land use and offroading. I just don't see where a car fits in there. If they have aspirations of upgrading to an offroad capable rig even in the mildest sense, sure. If that's what they truly consider a jeep, then no.
If you're into preserving in the least bit what most of us joined this club for, then i think it's a bad idea.
It really isn't just about stupid questions, it's more of the fact that they are only going to use Naxja as a tech forum for those kind of questions and not as a club.

And I see absolutely no reason why a new Cherokee couldn't join us for AAT work. Heck, I ran one year with my friend's 2wd Ford Ranger (shhh, don't tell him). The new Cherokee, like it or not, is more capable than that.

SoCalFest; the easy ride is well within a Commander, Compass or pretty much anything with AWD and decent tires. Not all vehicles need to be capable of hard core trails. Heck, even Gomer was able to make it through the tough stuff on the trail Geoff led this year at SoCalFest.

David Bricker / SYR

I just don't see where a car fits in there.

I have seen a new Cherokee and Renegade out at Uwharrie National Forest at the same work day I was attending. They are getting wheeled. It may not be what I do but it's being done.

SoCalFest; the easy ride is well within a Commander, Compass or pretty much anything with AWD and decent tires. Not all vehicles need to be capable of hard core trails. Heck, even Gomer was able to make it through the tough stuff on the trail Geoff led this year at SoCalFest.

It doesn't even have to be AWD. My first year at SoCalFest I didn't have a front driveshaft (PO butchered the exhaust so badly a driveshaft would not fit). After lunch at the mine I turned right, along with one other vehicle, and the rest of the crew turned left and went through Jacoby Canyon. I have no doubt I could take a 2wd Compass through the easy trail.

I have seen a new Cherokee and Renegade out at Uwharrie National Forest at the same work day I was attending. They are getting wheeled. It may not be what I do but it's being done.

I'm speaking more of the patriot and compass, i know the cherokee and renegade get wheeled occasionally and are a fwd platform.
There are always exceptions. I won't lose any sleep over it, i was just making a suggestion that might help sway the nay sayers.

Ahhh, Patriots and Compasses; the Surry and Jeepster of the modern era.

OEM only. No aftermarket support for those filters whatsoever. They started putting them on XJs in '01.

EDIT : Making light of some of the sillier stuff is IMO being posted because we haven't made the change yet. Once we do I think we can all focus on BMW owners.

No sir BMW owners always take priority over any form of jeep when it come to making fun of.

Back