• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Centering steering wheel

Using the adjustment sleeve is not going to affect your toe AFAIK.

I always unlocked the steering wheel (not sure if this is necessary) and used the adjustment sleeve to center my wheel.

Using the adjustment sleeve is not going to affect your toe AFAIK.

I always unlocked the steering wheel (not sure if this is necessary) and used the adjustment sleeve to center my wheel.

...should be necessary, otherwise you'll just turn the wheels a little and wont be able to tell how the steering wheel is positioned.

I'm gonna go back out and do it some more, thought i had it right but the steering wheel is annoyingly JUST off center, haha.

Post engine swap and tire replacement I'll get an adjustable Trac-bar, I feel a little uncomfortable with the sleeve moved a whole half inch... but I'm sure I'll just get ZJV8 steering, and all this will happen again... haha

Sorry to hijack, but i recently installed the RR HD steering. and my steering wheel is upside down after installing...still don't know how that happened, but how do i center mine?
100_2311.jpg

Rugged Ridge. Im guessing you just undo the 2 nuts on the draglink at the pitman arm? and at the bend in the tierod and then twist the draglink till steering wheel is straight?

You'll likely be in the same spot. You might get it close, but the splines will probably not line up quite right and you'll have to adjust anyhow. I had the same thought when my buddy hooked me up with the Grant of the rig he's trying to part out. It ended up being just about as far off, but towards the other side. Fiddled with it for a few and found that it only lined up 'straight' when it was upside down. Ended up putting back in orig. spot and adjusted the sleeve.

Sorry to hijack, but i recently installed the RR HD steering. and my steering wheel is upside down after installing...still don't know how that happened, but how do i center mine?
100_2311.jpg

Loosen your two jam nuts on the drag link and twist drag link untill wheel is straight. You will also have to loosen your stabilizer mount too. Should take you about 15 mins. Easy as pie.

Parakeet

Last edited:
Back