• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CCV Valve -

i bought it post air intake. Really not sure who put it on. I'll try and sort it out, probably explains the bad NOx reading on the emissions as well.

It would. High NOx is caused by high combustion temps and may be due to a malfunctioning EGR. You can easily do what XJTrailrider did and eliminate the block. Just route everything directly using some good vacuum line. I plan to do that myself one day.

what i really dont understand is "why would someone connect the EGR solenoid to the intake manifold vent. It's going from or to, EGR->solenoid->vent.

The EGR Valve on the manifold is vacuum operated. Vacuum from the intake manifold goes to the EGR solenoid, then to the transducer (saucer shaped thingy) next to the EGR valve then to the EGR.

Here's the diagram. You don't need the one going to the bi-metal temp sensor.

vacuumko6.jpg

on the lower vacuum fitting someone took two of the ports and connected them together with six inches of vacuum tubing to make one loop. and the third port went to the pressure regulator. So, i'll just get the necessary connectors and cap off one of the ports to the bi-metal sensor and connect the egr solenoid port. That should fix it, but its certainly not the way I purchased it.

Last edited:
Only the rear one has the orifice. The front should be wide open.

So why do i get oil in my air box if the front only breathes in fresh air? theats why i replaced it, i figured oil should not be coming out of it. Technically that means i could just put one of those mini breathers on that i have laying around.

94XJ2door5speed said:
So why do i get oil in my air box if the front only breathes in fresh air? theats why i replaced it, i figured oil should not be coming out of it. Technically that means i could just put one of those mini breathers on that i have laying around.
The blowby/blowback is likely because the orifice in the rear one is plugged up, at least partially. The case can't vent so the oil gets pushed out the intake hose. Path of least resistance, savvy? The little breather filter thing isn't a good idea as it sits. It won't stop the oil from coming out. As an added bonus, it won't be contained either! It'll run oil all over the motor. (chorus)Ask me how I know :shhh:. Pull the rear one off and clean the orifice out. Careful when pulling the old grommets out. They like to come apart and leave the bottom ring inside! (chorus) It won't pass Colo. emissions with one of those on either. (chorus)

Back