• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CBD shuts down Truckhaven

MJR said:
He was just noting the changes to Google. Ocotillo Wells is part of Ansa Borrego State Park but unlike the newly aquirred Truckhaven area has a management plan in effect therefore with a permit one can hold organized events there like upcoming TDS Safari. Truckhaven is open but not for organized events right now.

Just a minor clairification, Ocotillo Wells is NOT a part of Anza Borrego State Park, it is however a 'state park' although I don't believe is has anything to do with the Department of Parks and Rec. Its a 'State Vehicular Recreation Area'.
Now isn't that simple?
;)
Rick

Jump This said:
Just a minor clairification, Ocotillo Wells is NOT a part of Anza Borrego State Park, it is however a 'state park' although I don't believe is has anything to do with the Department of Parks and Rec. Its a 'State Vehicular Recreation Area'.

Yes.

State Vehicular Recreation Areas
The State Vehicular Recreation Areas or SVRAs, are OHV parks that are owned and operated by the OHMVR Division of California State Parks.

MJR said:
Yes.

State Vehicular Recreation Areas
The State Vehicular Recreation Areas or SVRAs, are OHV parks that are owned and operated by the OHMVR Division of California State Parks.

I wasn't sure about the State Park thing, but it still is NOT part of
Anza Borrego State Park. At times they are bitter rivals...
Can't we all just get along.

:D

Rick

Back