• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cb placement

Good idea, not a great idea. 1/4" ply would not hold up well in a rollover/ accident. You may be alright with a Baltic birch ply, but that would only be if you through bolted to it; screws are out of the question.

IMPO,

TIM
XJhabitat said:
you could slip a small piece of 1/4" plywood above the headliner in the middle above the rear view mirror and screw the cb mount through the headliner into it mabey... i was gonna do it but i got lazy and threw it on top of the dash

LouisianaZJ said:
pass side of trans hump

cbxj_1583.jpg

ok so im going tomount mine. have a 98. this jeep looks liek it has the saem stuff in it. where that one is mounted there is a square plastic tube thing behield it. (where it is mounted into) im pretty sure it is for air but is there any danger of drilling into it? is it for air?

also whats the best way to wire in the cb?

I just drilled 2 holes in the roof to mount the bracket to. Then used rubber grommets and sealant to make it watertight. The grommets gave it a little bit of vibration protection too.. Haven't had any water leak through yet. Had to cut the ends of the bolts off on the inside, but that was it. Took about 20mins to setup. Ran the wires behind the visors and under the door pillar plastic covers. Works like a charm.

i have mine under the dash, its totally out of the way but still very easy to access and all around a very clean setup.

DSCF0941.jpg

DSCF0942.jpg

DSCF1036.jpg

there are even holes already drilled in the bottom of the dash for where u can mount up a bracket

Last edited:
Cobra 75. Mounted the control box with some double stick tape inside the console. If you remove the insert in the console, there is tons of room in front of it. When I need to use the cb, I just pop the cable through the e-brake lever opening and it's ready to go.

Uniden 510 fits perfectly in the overhead console

Thats in my 97', a bit hard to reach while driving, but I RARELY use it on the road, on the trail its easy though, just stop and turn it on.
HPIM1263.jpg

zfinger said:
Thats in my 97', a bit hard to reach while driving, but I RARELY use it on the road, on the trail its easy though, just stop and turn it on.
HPIM1263.jpg

thats where mine is too.... works fine on the road and trail. pull the mic off when not in use and it isnt in anyones way.

here's what i use to have in mine, just a temprary set up that can be pulled out in less than a minute and put back in. uses zip ties between the bracket and the clip.

779942_33_full.jpg

Back