• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cant turn wheels after lift?? HELP ASAP

Where's the pictures that were asked for a month ago? Kinda hard to diagnose over the net. There have been a lot of suggestions to look in to and probably be done with it 3 weeks ago.

Did you pull the column apart? Did you check the steering box? Did you pull everything and inspect it and put it back together.

Obviously nobody has a dead set answer 100% for your problem, great suggestions, but still no pics of parts or joints to help further diagnose your problem. Best bet is get your hands greasy starting at the steering column and ignition. If all looks good go to the engine bay/ front end, start pulling and checking parts, clean em up and lube/reinstall as needed.

did not post the pictures of the suspension because I eliminated that when everything turned fine once disconnected from the pitman arm so it is something north of there.

What do I do to check the steering box? and column?

Thanks, havent had much time to work on this I appreciate the help though

You can kill two birds with one stone if you disconnect the shaft at the steering box, if it unlocks with the shaft unbolted then the steering box is bound up, if it still wont unlock then its in the column/ ignition... my $$$ is on the column /ignition is broken and the shaft that locks the wheel is bound up in there bad or broken/ bent holding it in place

Back