• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

can i run a front driveshaft with a np231 with SYE

I installed the AA SYE back in February for the $199. AW-4, NP231 with the 8.25. I bought a front driveshaft from the junkyard for $65, works great. Took me a few tries to get the pinion angle right, I ended up going with a 2° shim to tip it up, it was already tipped up some form the extended rear shackle. Be careful putting the NP231 back on the tranny, I must have rolled the seal and now I have a leak.

Well I ended up doing this but have ran into some problems. I didnt realize the standard style u joint yoke on the sye is intended for the u-bolt style straps and my driveshaft with the flange set up for the HnT will not work with the sye. I tried taking off the flange but that also removes the centering ball fromthe cv joint allowing the joint to flop around.

Any ideas?

Can't you just buy a front driveshaft and put in the rear, or doesn't that work with the NP242? If nothing else, you could probably rob the double cardan joint off the used front shaft to get your rear shaft configured properly.

Back