• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Campbell Hausfeld air compressors - opinions?

samger2

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking to get an air compressor for the garage. I've found a local guy that rebuilds and resells them with a 30 day warranty (not that that's a long warranty...but a warranty no less)...he's got a couple of 60 gallon Campbell Hausfeld 125 max psi 220 volt 10.2 SCFM @ 90psi compressors.

Very similar to this one...but the specs aren't exact:

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...275&lpage=none

the local guy wants $300.

What's everyone's opinion on this? Sounds like a good deal to me, but I don't know anything about compressors. Any opinions?

Thanks in advance

sounds like an alright deal, just maintain it well. i bought a 21 gallon compressor from harbor freight a few weeks ago, and it's working great. it's a bit small to call a shop compressor, but it's big enough to handle the jobs i'll throw at it.

I bought a CH 26 gallon oilless compressor 9 years ago and it has done everything I ask of it. Painted two vehicles and lots of die grinding, air ratchet and impact wrenching...

I don't remember all the specs on mine....

It's a CH 5 horse 25 gal roll around type compressor with the cast iron pump.

If had it for over 20 years. It's been used and abused. House painting, impact tools, die grinders, the works.

It just recently started making some weird noises so I drained the oil and replaced it with 1/2 oil & 1/2 Lucas stabilizer...... Runs better than ever!

If you buy one @ $300.00 and it lasts 20 years, that's $15 a year.... Sounds like a deal to me....

To me the important aspect is that it has oil in it and can be filled, these ones I see at Sears that are oilless just make me wonder...

I think that is very similar to the one I have had for probably 10 years. Other than a motor that just crapped out, it has worked great. You will not regret getting a large compressor. Not having to wait for it to catch up when running a DA or an inline is worth everything. Actually it kept up with two of us running DA's at the same time. They are noisy. I picked up a silencer/filter from Graingers that helped a ton.

I don't know about that particular one, but as a general rule, if you're using this as a regular shop compressor, you'll be much happier with a cast iron one like this than with an oilless one over time, if not for the durability then just for the noise.

I don't know about that particular one, but as a general rule, if you're using this as a regular shop compressor, you'll be much happier with a cast iron one like this than with an oilless one over time, if not for the durability then just for the noise.

WHAT !?!?!?!? you have something against that high pitched noise the oil less ones make, :D :D :D

Back