• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Camo - how is it done?

Bohican said:
If you're worried about the sharp lines from using the stancils, you should be able blend the edges a very light spray of the tan from a good distance.
A good way to do camo with a stencil is to hold the stencil away from your work. 6-8 is a good starting point. Farther=softer edge

im thinkin about urban camo on my 91 white cherokee i was inspired by some extremely nice tacomas that were solid axled and had super clean camo paint jobs with a fine edge on each spot paint. it doesnt look anything close to horrible, i think it would look better fine edge than a soft crappy edge thats to thin and you can see the color underneath it. but yeah what kind of paint should i use and how should it be applied?

Jeffro600 said:
WOW! Nothin says "white trash" more than a camo'ed firebird with spoked rims!! :laugh:

yeah but it'd say rednek if it were lifted w/ boggers and a gunrack...

lost1 said:
yeah but it'd say rednek if it were lifted w/ boggers and a gunrack...
Don't come by my house, a guy down the road has a Camaro, of maybe a 'stang, but I'm almost sure it's a Camaro on something like 40's. He's had it for sale for years, I may ask him one day to test drive it, take it down somewhere nice. It would be awesome to roll up in a lifted Camaro on around 40 inch Boggers.

pop open the trunk lid and i bet you find a whole bunch of corn whiskey
regarding camo paint, check out marine finish manufactures. I know that Valspar makes some colors but I don't know how many. I used 2 quart of Dead Grass Green to coat my 88 and have contimplated doing the digitat pattern using the valspar DGG as the base

Back