• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Caliper leaking from the bleeder valve after replacement?

if it seals at the bottom, it would be the hex head hitting before the taper was seating-- you'd actually want a slightly longer bleeder to avoid this, no?

yes. usually when that happens though it will leak from the hole not the threads, because the bleeder never fully closes.

An old truck mechanics trick. a finger full of grease smeared on all the bleeder valves and brake fittings. It will eventually wear and weather off, but really slows down corrosion and usually makes loosening and removal a lot easier. The guy who taught me that was likely born before there were cars, an old wagon mechanic.
Somebody told me Harley speed bleeders will work, I've been tempted to pick up a set. Stuff like that is rare and expensive around here.

I usually apply a smear of grease or anti-seize as well. Aside from making them removable the next time around, it prevents pulling air past the threads when bleeding the brakes with this http://www.harborfreight.com/one-man-brake-bleeder-kit-37201.html or a vacumn bleeder.

Back