• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

calico pics from this weekend!

Thanks, that is what I needed to know. I have the CB already. I was just on AJ's website looking at sliders. The locker might be an issue though as I use the XJ when it snows (like yesterday) so I need a selectable locker I've been told. I've been Googling and that looks to be about $1000. I think I'll probably try the other stuff first and then see about that!
I'm going to sell my old boat in the Spring and use the money to modify the XJ.

I'm living in the Midwest right now for college, and the guys I wheel with have autolockers and they dont seem to have a problem in the snow/ice.

As far as the lift goes....when you're ready to do a lift and tires, look at rustysoffroad.com. they sell lift/tire/wheel combos that are awesome for the price.

The kit I got was 4.5" lift with 31s, and it was around 1400
DSC01994-1.jpg

Thanks I've got Rusty's page book marked. I am thinking 3 inches though rather than 4.5. I don't plan on doing anything too radical!! I'm also OLD and need to be able to get in and out of the thing :=) I think Rusty's is in Iowa and I can't imagine shipping tires and wheels to Southern California would work out cheaper. Three Americas Tire Stores (Discount Tire in the other 48) are within a couple of miles from my house. I'll certainly check it out though. The auto lockers are certainly cheaper and if they work ok on ice I'll go that route.

I don't know you but most think that at first. Then they get the weeling bug, go up to 4.5, wheel that and then ask themselves why they didn't just go straight to 5.5 to begin with. I know I was told that when I started but I thought I was going to keep it simple too. Well that went out the door within 6mos. :)

Good luck with the build, looks like you have a good base to start with.

I think you are probably right. That is why I'm thinking I'll just put on rock rails and then go on a few trail rides with you all and learn before I do anything more. That is why I asked what I'd need minimum to just go along. I need to have somebody familiar with the Calico run tell me if I would be able to get through stock with rails (are there go arounds or do the pictures show what I'd have to get through?). I have tow points and posi in the rear, & CB.

I don't know you but most think that at first. Then they get the weeling bug, go up to 4.5, wheel that and then ask themselves why they didn't just go straight to 5.5 to begin with.

I'm kicking my butt for not coughing up the extra 500 bucks for the 6.5" long arm lift. Honestly, go an inch or so more than you think you want, you'll thank yourself later. :D

Back