• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Calico Event Jan 31/Feb 1 - Are You Going?

Will you be attending in Calico?

• Yes, I will be there.

Votes: 36 76.6%
  • No, I will not.

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • I'm not sure yet.

Votes: 6 12.8%

• Total voters
Coordination of family schedules has me attending (participating in) a wedding in Reno on the same day as the Calico Event. This will prevent me from attending the Event :(.

I'll keep trying to convince the groom to go to Calico instead of Reno ;) , but it's not looking good for wheeling.

I'll still help out in anyway possible.

Ed A. Stevens said:
I'll keep trying to convince the groom to go to Calico instead of Reno ;) , but it's not looking good for wheeling.

Tell him it's the last chance to go and have fun before he get's "chained" :)

Kejtar said:
Tell him it's the last chance to go and have fun before he get's "chained" :)

I'm not sure where you guys get this idea of being married and not wheeling goes together. Oh like I'm one to talk about this trip, but wait the other thing I'm doing is my deal to, so nevermind.

Married+jeep=fun times for all! :D

mark

Married + Kids+ mortages = retiring (temp.) your tried & true old
CJ, buying a XJ, building it up wheeling & camping with the family..
Yeah I'd have to agree with Mark....It's Fun !! and doesn't happen
often enough....
See Ya !
Curt (aka Xtreme XJ)

Marisha

Hey M. Don't worry, Mikes been saying that his jeep needs to be treated with tender care right now so from what I understand that means you should not have a problem with driving it. After all Mike just breaks everything anyway.
Everyone knows that women truckdrivers are much easier on the equipment.
Just tell him to

GET IN, BUCKLE UP AND SHUT UP!!!
Mil

MJR said:
For the purposes of knowing here are some other questions. Please post here.

Are you going and what is your screen name ?.

Will you be coming alone, bringing family, or friends ?.

When will you be coming out and staying how long ?.

Will you be camping there ?.

Stay tuned !.

Mike - G should be there, unless somthing comes up suddently, like weddings, lol. Speaking of which, didn't I see some pictures of a couple getting married in Johnson Valley? All there friend were Jeepers so they made a run/wedding weekend out of it.

Anyhow, I should be there with the fiance to distract my wonderful driving abilities. LOL, you know what I'm talking about, well you old time socal-xj'rs do anyhow.

I'll be working Friday night, so I will have to drive up early Sat AM, spend the night (most likely in a tent in the campground next to the main entrance) and go back Sun afternoon. When is the run(s) going to start anyhow?

mikedashg said:

I'll be working Friday night, so I will have to drive up early Sat AM, spend the night (most likely in a tent in the campground next to the main entrance) and go back Sun afternoon. When is the run(s) going to start anyhow?

leave camp by 7:00 am on Sat..... :eek:

;) :D

Goatman said:
leave camp by 7:00 am on Sat..... :eek:

;) :D

looks like I'll be missing the first run ;) zzzZZZZZzzzzz

-Scott

We'll probably be there. Are you really planning on leaving camp at 7:00 AM? We'll be driving up Saturday AM and staying Saturday night at the campground. I guess we may have to leave here earlier than we thought....

I don't think even Richard could get this group going at 7 am.

I'll stick my neck out here, seeing I helped with all the planning :D, (inside joke) trail time to leave will be about 9am on saturday. If mjr or sequoia wants to say diff speak up but 9 am sould be a good group start for the first day. It will let everyone who is driving in that morning have a reasonable time to get there. Now 9 am does mean leave for the trail at 9 am. Ok Goat, give me some sheit now.

mark

It was obvious, wasn't it? 7:00 am was just playing with Mike G saying he was driving in Sat morning. :)

9:00 am is a good start time......but no later. That allows a relaxing morning with time for those traveling to be there for the run......but any later than 9:00 risks getting back to camp too late if we have any trouble.

Will we be having runs for all groups of people and rig classes? I am going to get flamed for this but...this is going to be my first time out in my jeep since i've completely re-done it. I convinced my GF to come out with the understanding I wont get too crazy, Also her brother wants to come if he is back from Cuba in time to make it out. It will be his birthday that friday so there may be an excuse for a party, :rolleyes: like we need one. Anyways, his XJ is not the biggest, BB and 31's AT's with MINOR trimming so I don't want him to feel over his head or anything. Now that I think about it, I hope i'm not getting in over MY head.

-Scott

where's the choice for "I definitely might be able to make it" :D :D

tentatively, yes. Of course, this type of long-range planning is not the norm for me, so ya never know what might happen in the meantime.

is everyone tenting/camping by the cabins, or will we have a few in tents in the canyon on the way to Doran? it's late- i hope that makes sense ;) either way, IF i'm there, it'll be in a tent with a cooler of beer. and some food. i'll try to con my girlfriend into coming with as well.

are there any other small groups or single attendees that want to pitch in for a cabin?

chuck

Back