• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Calico Event Jan 31/Feb 1 - Are You Going?

Will you be attending in Calico?

• Yes, I will be there.

Votes: 36 76.6%
  • No, I will not.

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • I'm not sure yet.

Votes: 6 12.8%

• Total voters
MJR said:
Don't they have something for that now ?.

Notepads?

MJR said:
What your XJ is coming out on it's own later ?.

The XJ is holed up in Big Bear, and I may have to run up the hill to retreve it, and let the wife drive out the family, with the XJ driving down later. I need to flush the brake fluid and do some adjusting (hopefully I can prep a few weeks before).

Scott Suyeto (screen name: Scott S. )

Hopefully in a cabin

Kids, not sure about the wife (she's still in school/internship about this time, but if she could make it she could help out
with catering!!) & hopefully my brother and his XJ & a co-worker and his XJ

I coming hopefully Sat & Sun

Camping? Not sure, wouldn't care, but cabins do sound very nice too. (I know, I know..... )

Are we looking to get a block of camping spots or are we going to be on our own and just be spread out all over. Also I noticed there were two seperate camp grounds. Which one is everyone looking to be at? stupid question, but they allow tent camping right? I have been to some camp grounds that do not allow tent camping. :rolleyes:

-Scott

I beleive it is in the overflow campground which is to the left of the gate when entering Cailco, at least that is where the cabins are, booked one already so I'm in. I will arrive Friday and stay till Sunday. Camping spaces there are first come first serve

I have no idea if they will let you reserve a campspace in the overflow or not, I know they have full hookup sites so I would think they would call and find out for sure 1-800-to-calico

you might want to call them..... I just reserved one of the cabins :D and I know they don't have that many.... btw, cost of cabins is $28 for 4 people per night :D

wolfheartak

Probably just myself, but I'll more than likely be MJR's tag-a-long

I'll be there for the whole thing, show up friday night and stay through sunday.

I'll sleep in a hotel, cabin, car... whatever works :)

Hope to see you all there!!

-Marisha

wolfheartak said:
but I'll more than likely be MJR's tag-a-long

-Marisha

Marisha,

You're going to have to work on this self asteem thing. You not the tag-a-long, mikie IS.

I don't care if it his jeep, just take those keys from him and show him how to drive it right.

He should be getting you a real nice cabin, with room service, candles and a hot tub.

Mike better becareful or I'll let you hang with the wife and she'll let you know what to be expecting from Mikie. :D

mark

:D
:D
:party:

RE: DAN

This from a guy that cant even stay upright on an 80cc motorcycle.:D WOW, I think we all know who will be babysitting who! :D :wstupid:

Rabbit

some campground info

The campground has non-hookup and full hookup sites. The layout is this: there is a circle of sites at the bottom of the campground surrounding the bathrooms, then there is a road going up from the circle with sites along one side. I think it would be best if we requested sites in the circle when making a reservation, which will assure that we are as close together as possible. The overflow area was originally designed as a horse area, but that is where the cabins are. It is about 1/3 mile from the bottom of the regular campground sites.

The sites in the circle are full hookup sites, so they may be a few dollars more, I haven't checked yet, but that would be the easiest way to keep us together, and they are the closest to the bathrooms.

the name's dan f., as in Daniel Faulkner.

i'll try to show up for as long as i can.

me, either my brothers or my girlfriend, too.

i'll probably be pitchin' a tent as well;)

see you there!

Well guys...I made my reservation today. I have site number A6 in that round about area Goatman was talking about. I only got it for Friday night and Saturday night. How many of you guys are going to be staying out on Sunday night?

-Scott

It was a friend's kid's bike, late at night at camp. I had a few (????) too many, and needed a place to lean or sit down. Sat on this "small" motorcycle, as if I was going to ride it; next thing I knew, I was still in riding position, only tipped over in the dirt. Never even knew I was falling until I hit the dirt.

So now that you are all privy to our inside joke, fire away .

Dan

Back