• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BUILT 92 XJ FOR SALE, NW IL AREA *** CHEAP AND LOADED

ChEwBaCcA

NAXJA Forum User
Recent corporate promotion forces me to sell my XJ. Effective this week I had to get something I could take a client out to lunch in. I guess some people don’t think a lifted XJ with a snorkel promotes a good image ;-) I only have room for one DD and my offsite storage facility already has 2 FSJ’s and an MJ of mine, so I can’t store this one and it needs to go. 7 years worth of hard work and cash I have invested in this rig, hope it goes to a good home! This has been my daily driver for 7 years, this is not a trailor queen. It has gone cross country 2X , drove to Moab and back and never let me down. This rig works, ask anyone who has seen it and have the pictures to prove it. This is not some cobbled together POS. It has some miles put I think with the parts the asking price is fair. The only thing that needs to be fixed is a sticky door latch on both driver side doors. If you remove the panel and spray a lil WD 40 it works fine for months. Short of that the rig works well.

FOR PICTURES GO HERE: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v333/ninedeucexj/XJ4SALE/

Contact me at : [email protected]

1992 Jeep XJ Laredo 154,XXX miles on odometer, odometer broke about a year and a half ago. I replaced the speedo sensor and it still didn’t work so I can only assume the problem is in the cluster. I didn’t want to swap out the cluster and commit odometer fraud so it is sold as mileage unknown. I would guess 170,000, the motor and tranmission work great and have no known issues.

DETAILS:

TJ flares front and rear, have rear cut portion that mounts on the rear doors, I will include them in the sale.

Infinite Engineering front winch bumper, though as nails with nice tow points

Ramsey REP 8000 Winch

MORE Steering box brace

Optima Red top less than a year old

IPF H4 headlight replacements

IPF/ARB high wattage headlight wiring harness with relay, allows you to run very high wattage bulbs with no extra strain to the XJ, connected directly to the battery

IPF J-01 Hybrid fog lights with magic J bulbs, 2 lights in one, a pencil spot and a fog light. Comes with mouse type switch in rig allows you to switch between only fog, only driving spot, or both at the same time. $379 brand new

ARB Safari Snorkel , nuff said

Custom 4X4 rear bumper and tire carrier with hi lift brackets

Custom 4X4 rock rails

Rustys T case skid

Mopar OEM gas skid

Reciever hitch with Warn D ring block installed

Rare Mopar rear air foil, found collecting dust in a parts department, keeps back window and hatch clean, go for over $100 used on Ebay

INTERIOR:

Black leather seats front and back from an unlimited in good shape

Indiglo white faced gauge cluster

Kenwood in dash CD player with SIRIUS control, remote control
Sirius receiver mounted in car w/ antenna on roof
6 Cerwin Vega speakers
Mopar optional sound bar in rear
Rockford Fosgate 750W RMS 5 channel amp drives all speakers and subs
Sub control via servo mounted up front
2 – 12” Rockford Fosgate premium subs in a nice Q logic box
Amp mounted in custom security enclosure with brackets welded to the floor in rear hatch. The system is loud and will make your ears bleed if you want…….

Cobra 129 ST WX CB radio , nice backlit face, all features except sideband, weather radio built in w/ alarm for NOAA radio even if XJ is not running.

Wilson premium antenna, with mount on rear bumper, quality Beldon coax used

Factory Over head console

Factory alarm system

Power windows and door locks

DRIVETRAIN:
Stock 4.0 has had new rear main , oil pan gasket, oil filter o ring kit , and valve cover replaced over the 6 years I’ve owned it. Replaced the water pump about 2.5 years ago with OEM Mopar unit
Rustys bombproof motor mounts
Could use another valve cover gasket.
Trans mission is stock except for a HD cooler I installed sometime ago.
New trans mount about 2 years ago

231 T- Case rebuilt 2 years ago with premium bearing kit from National drive train,
Cloyes premium chain installed at the same time
Pump had no wear and everything was in good shape, have old chain
Tom Woods SYE
Tom Woods custom drive shaft

Front Dana 30 open with 4.56 gears installed and Yukon gear shaft seals mounted on the ends of the axle tubes, greasable and rebuildable
New unit bearings installed on both sides with in the last year
New brake calipers,rotors and pads done 6 months ago.
Stainless Steel brake lines in front and back
Rebuilt with Timken bearings and the gear set is Dana
2 new shafts both OEM dana spicer w/ 297 joints from National Drivetrain bought and installed 2 years ago

Rear XJ Dana 44 with 4.56 gears and Powertrax locker
Rebuilt with new Dana gears and Timken bearings
Premium Reybestos drums, wheel cylinders, and shoes
Has ubolt yoke installed, no straps.

LIFT:

RE Drop control Arm brackets
RE ADJ LCAs
RE non ADJ UCAs
RE ZJ coils for 4.5” , 6” on an XJ
RE HD track bar bracket w/ cross frame support brace
RE HD adj track bar
Rancho 9000 5 position shocks all around
Custom National leaf pack in rear
Tera Flex 1.75 geasable shackle

Custom DOM X over steering with high quality heims and bungs, no death wobble ever.

TIRES AND RIMS:

Kumho’s 33X12.50 MT with over 60% left, great wear, only street wear and on for less than a year and a half

Mickey Thompson Aluminum wheels (5)
Full size spare

SPARE PARTS: buyer can have em’
Good TPS
Good CPS
Brand new distro cap, rotor and wires, was going to do a tune up before this promotion came up
Spare passenger front axle shaft
Spare front stub shaft, will get you home if you blow an axle.
New wiper blades all around, again bought them 2 days before this change and never put them on
Spare brake proportioning valve
Lots of other stuff I will dig up I’m sure!!!!

MOTIVATED SELLER, I’M NOT FISHING, THIS THING IS UP FOR SALE*

ASKING $4,250 OBO

Thanks for looking,
Chewy

LPG_3.jpg

Wow this is a good deal. Somebody will be very fortunate at that price. Good luck with the sale.

BUMP

I figured I'd price it to move! If it doesn't go for what Im asking Ill start pulling some stuff off.

Forgot to mention it has Bar Pin Eliminators all the way around as well, JKS or MORE if I remember correctly.

This rig was my DD and will do 75 on the highway no problem and tracks perfect down the road.

Thanks again
Chewy

You are selling my dream, you are about 4 months early or else I would be all over this. If you still have it in July/August and still want to sell it PM me. I'll be in ND.

polar_jeep_04 said:
what city are you in im trying to figure out how far you are from Columbus, Ohio

Chicago, as it says in his location, which is about 6 hours from Columbus, OH.

HTH

Tell em to shove the job thats too nice a rig to dump for the corporate bastards errrr masters!!!!!!!

took off the fog lights, and CB radio, and red top.

$3,800 FIRM I want this gone by this coming weekend, I dont have space for it after this weekend.

You cant even buy the axles, gears, locker, bumper and winch for this $$$$

part it out or chop the roof off I dont care, It just has to go!

Chewy

This is a steal. I've wheeled all over the place with Chewy and this Jeep. It's incredibly capable and meticulously maintained. Someone should scoop this up.

Yeah me and the wife are flying down to drive it back up. I didn't think anybody would believe me but Chewy hooked me up. Much thanks to him.
Then in three months we are going to turn around and drive back to Minot when I get stationed down there.
Tyler

Back