• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Building a Dana 30 with 30-spline axles

I somehow already knew that you only checked 4 wheel parts and didnt bother to check any where else.

Please check elsewhere. You will find 30 spline shafts easily. I even found them on rockauto for cheap. Many vendors on here carry them . Hell, rockauto has them for 250$ for the inners plus shipping. run some 27 spline chromo outers.

all you need is the inners.

you wont really save a ton of money with tj44 shafts if you end up buying chromo tj 44 shafts from a vendor.

I hear ya. Actually I've been looking for Dana 30 - 30 splines axle shafts at sixstates, eastcostdriveline, northerndrivetrain, morris4x4, etc. etc. All of them carry Rubicon TJ D4 axle shafts... but not the Super 30 D30 axles. and those who do have a premium price on them and a forever delivery time.

I know Rubicon TJ Dana 44 inners or even the whole assemblies are cheaper and easier to buy/get everywhere. But was not sure these would fit my friend's Dana 30. This is the reason I started this thread.
My friend came last night and just told me what he bought a couple of months ago and I felt sorry just to look at the invoice and see all that money he dropped on those TJ axles :doh: and the funny part is... he said he wants to lower his TJ from 35"s to 33's :huh: and he does not go off-road ha ha ha ha!! . I don't even know why he bought those expensive lockers but he already have them.

So he came to me last night asking for my advice. My suggestion for him is, should the Rubicon TJ D44 front axle shafts will work, go for it. Forget about chrommolys because he does not even need those.

Thanks for your advice. Now I know Dana 44 Axle shafts will work perfect in this "Super 30" D30 axle. I will suggest him to get the whole assemblies because it seems he has lots of money to spare.

Last edited:
I did not know the TJ rubicon 44 shafts would work- do you have link to a thread? ?

Ok. Just for the record... find the part #'s for each replacement part in the links:

Rubicon TJ D44 inner axle shaft lenght LEFT - Joint Centerline to end: 16.930 inches DETAILS HERE
Wrangler TJ D30 inner axle shaft lenght LEFT - Joint Centerline to end: 16.570 inches DETAILS HERE

Rubicon TJ D44 inner axle shaft lenght RIGHT - Joint Centerline to end: 31.850 inches DETAILS HERE
Wrangler TJ D30 inner axle shaft lenght RIGHT - Joint Centerline to end: 32.410 inches DETAILS HERE

:looney:

So I assume probably the left side inner from a TJ Rubicon D44 would work just fine on a Super 30 Dana 30. But the right side inner from a Rubicon TJ won't.

Blondejoncherokee... you say I can find the 30 splines inner shaft for a Wrangler TJ Dana 30 very easy?? Where? I can only find the stock 27 splines inners... :(

Last edited:
Ok. Just for the record:

Rubicon TJ D44 inner axle shaft lenght LEFT - Joint Centerline to end: 16.930 inches DETAILS HERE
Wrangler TJ D30 inner axle shaft lenght LEFT - Joint Centerline to end: 16.570 inches DETAILS HERE

Rubicon TJ D44 inner axle shaft lenght RIGHT - Joint Centerline to end: 31.850 inches DETAILS HERE
Wrangler TJ D30 inner axle shaft lenght RIGHT - Joint Centerline to end: 32.410 inches DETAILS HERE

:looney:

LOL I missed that.

Just to name a few:
Rockauto.
Rwkhaus on here
Dave off road on here and piraet4x4
complete off road on pirate

I always get them from Yukon direct or from Ten Factory via National Drivetrain.

Those are the same shafts we run in the team naxja car (30 spline dana 30 shafts). Picked them because they are plentiful and easy to get.

I always get them from Yukon direct or from Ten Factory via National Drivetrain.

Those are the same shafts we run in the team naxja car (30 spline dana 30 shafts). Picked them because they are plentiful and easy to get.
Which ones you're talking about? Dana 30 - 30 splines or TJ D44 axles??

Your getting 20 correct answers here. Why are you so worried about tj44 shafts fitting a dana 30 if you can find dana 30 30spline shafts fairly easy. Just buy the right thing and stop trying to reinvent the square wheel.

Back